Difficulty focusing on school

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Difficulty focusing on school
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »
For those who are finishing up their UG this semester are you finding it had to concentrate.  I know I am, the combination of distraction by waiting for decisions and lack of incentive to concentrate are making it really difficult to care about schoolwork.  I keep trying to tell myself that my final grades may get me off some waitlists or that I need to keep the momentum going for next year but it's just not working.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: Difficulty focusing on school
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:49:14 PM »
definitely in the same boat- i have to do an honor's thesis too and can't find any motivation to start it, and my classes all seem pointless. senioritis blows!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
I'm not in school right now...but I find myself unable to pay attention at work, a lot of the time I either want to call in sick or go home early. I want it to be August already.

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
Last semester was my final one (during 2 LSATs, work, and 18 credits).  I just pulled one all nighter before EVERY exam/paper I had and pulled a 3.3.  I'm content with that.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
Anyone else in the same boat?

I am 100% in the same boat as you.  Last semester I was pretty lazy but lucked out and got a 3.75.  However, this semester my drive is really down and I do not want to do anything.  I just want to hang out or go out to the bars.  I am pretty much done with all of classes and am basically still in school for the credits.  The fact that I feel that my GPA will not really fluctuate also causes even more incentive problems. I just want this semester to end so I can somehow do absolutely nothing all summer long before entering law school.

jashdey

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 10:38:31 PM »
I'm not in school right now...but I find myself unable to pay attention at work, a lot of the time I either want to call in sick or go home early. I want it to be August already.

Oh, me too.  I plan to quit my job at the end of May if I get into school, and I'm already counting that down.  Especially as I go on vacation next week for 2 1/2 weeks, so when I get back it will only be 3 more months of torture. :)  (Well 2 1/2 months plus 2 weeks of HA HA HA HA I'M LEAVING!! dancing.)

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:20:20 PM »
Yeah...
I lost half my motivation when I got into Columbia.
And half again when I got into Harvard.
If I get into Yale or Stanford, I might really be in trouble...