Law School Discussion

Hastings Ding

Hastings Ding
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:18:19 AM »
 Its my first ding ... at Hastings. Although it was a huge reach its still sad and annoying.. just how this process is so numbers based.

Re: Hastings Ding
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 01:55:48 AM »
Did you find out from the status-checker?  If so, what did it say?  My status hasn't changed for quite a long time...

Thanks

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »
My has not changed either. It has been "Ready to Review" for a long time!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
Its my first ding ... at Hastings. Although it was a huge reach its still sad and annoying.. just how this process is so numbers based.

Hasting is such a numbers whore it's ridculous. I'm sure they saw my LSAT/GPA, cashed my check and threw my app in the trash (after they got my address so they could send me my rejection)...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »

Hasting is such a numbers whore it's ridculous. I'm sure they saw my LSAT/GPA, cashed my check and threw my app in the trash (after they got my address so they could send me my rejection)...

Haha, that's so funny....I bet that's what they did with my application too, though I'm still waiting to receive the decision. :P

iyl

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:24:12 PM »

nesnut

• Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »
wow, I'm sorry to hear that- Hastings has a really odd rejection/acceptance system.  Most of us on this board are still "under review" or "ready for review" for the past 4 months.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
WTF? I just got dinged...and I applied LEOP too. My grades and lsat were above their averages, and I had a pretty good case for LEOP too.

I'm sorry to hear that...how did Hastings rank in the list of schools you applied to?  Did you find out via the status checker?

iyl

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »

nesnut

• Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 09:14:16 PM »
hey, McGeorge ain't bad- I might see you there!