Law School Discussion

UC Davis - File on Hold????

UC Davis - File on Hold????
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »
So everyday (actually more like every 15 minutes) I check the UC Davis status checker and every time I check it, it says the same thing: "evaluation in progress." But, as of 5PM today, it says "evaluation in progress-file on hold." What does that mean??

Re: UC Davis - File on Hold????
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:29:07 PM »
So everyday (actually more like every 15 minutes) I check the UC Davis status checker and every time I check it, it says the same thing: "evaluation in progress." But, as of 5PM today, it says "evaluation in progress-file on hold." What does that mean??

It means exactly what it says, they have evaluated your file for noe but are holding back on making a decision.  Same thing happened to me last cycle.  I think I went on hold early March and was accepted mid-April.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:15 PM »
So they've reviewed it and decided not to decide just yet? Thanks for the info!

I hate waiting. :-\

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:32:43 PM »
So they've reviewed it and decided not to decide just yet? Thanks for the info!

I hate waiting. :-\

Yea, it kinda sucks.  FYI, my numbers were similar to yours.  Same LSAT and a little lower GPA, so there is hope.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:22:01 PM »
I'm in the same boat; my status is also "EVALUATION IN PROGRESS - FILE ON HOLD." 

Do all applicants get this before receiving a decision, or does this mean that we are borderline applicants who need more careful evaluation?

Recently I've been thinking how nice it would be if I could just hibernate and sleep until April because I hate dealing with this anxiety each and every day.

sporky

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »
stupid davis.

I love you davis!
nah, jk, I hate you.
unless you accept me, and then I love you.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »
I would be happy that you weren't just flat out rejected.....Apparently they only accept 1 in 20 applicants (according to the rejection letter I received from them on Saturday)...

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:53:42 AM »
stupid davis.

I love you davis!
nah, jk, I hate you.
unless you accept me, and then I love you.

My thoughts exactly.  :)