Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Well...I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my score  (Read 681 times)

Nine48

Re: Well...I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my score
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 11:45:42 PM »
I've only got a 3.16.  I worked part time and graduated in 3.5 years from a pretty tough school.  I applied to so many schools because I wanted to make sure that I cast a wide net.

Looks like you're already in to some great law schools and you still have some more decisions pending.  Best of luck!

drack26

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 11:46:31 PM »
i want to work at a big firm right out of law school just to make some connections if nothign else. and to get some experience workign with corporations on contracts/mergers, IP stuff. Who knows though, that could all change. I picked those 3 schools as my top 3 because i want to practice in LA or Boston, and It's too late to apply yo UCLA, and Harvard is just too hard to get into/work once youre there.  I'd love to work at a place like Hale & Dorr (wilmer cutler pickering hale and door i think is the full name) or Ropes % Gray in Boston.  Eventually i would like to open up a practice with my brother when im in my 30's or 40's and live the good life in a suburb making good money , maybe teach law some day. Who knows, law degrees leave a lot of doors open, so BU and BC would give me something really useful to do for the next 3 years. Same with USC i assume, althought i know less about it.

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 12:04:48 AM »
I wonder if the fact that it took me 7 years to complete my degree because I was working full time will reflect badly on my application.  I mean, the chair of the econ department who wrote one of my LoRs said I was the top student in the economics department (he swears he wasn't lying either.  That makes me feel good.)  I just hope they don't think I was trying to take it easy on myself.  It's the only way I could do it though.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

drack26

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 12:07:16 AM »
im goign to bed, so no more comments after this - but avatar, i think that youre situation will reflect very well on your applcaiton. I tihnk that you will be better off then people that did it in 4 years. That makes you unique, experienced, hard working, and focused.  Good luck.

d_y_ze

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 11:07:32 AM »
I can't remember reading your post on what happened with test day but congrats on your decision, that's about where I am at as well in my decision, I no longer think I did as bad as I felt as I came to realize I was putting too much emphasis on only about 4 questions that I know I messed up on... I was testing around 161-2 consistently after 3 weeks prep but now believe I got 156 on the real thing.

I sure as hell hope I don't regret it.  I figure if its not quite what I want I can retake.  I am figuring my score will be somewhere between 162-164.

spud1987

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
I can't remember reading your post on what happened with test day but congrats on your decision, that's about where I am at as well in my decision, I no longer think I did as bad as I felt as I came to realize I was putting too much emphasis on only about 4 questions that I know I messed up on... I was testing around 161-2 consistently after 3 weeks prep but now believe I got 156 on the real thing.

I sure as hell hope I don't regret it.  I figure if its not quite what I want I can retake.  I am figuring my score will be somewhere between 162-164.

My test day didn't go so hot.  I was averaging around 167 on my practice tests (about 20 of em) so I think no matter what I get won't be my full potential but I've been bracing myself for anything from 160-166.  I plan on retaking with anything below a 163.  In short, I'm just having a blast riding the LSAT emotional rollercoaster  ;)