Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Well...I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my score  (Read 686 times)

spud1987

Well...I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my score
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »
I sure as hell hope I don't regret it.  I figure if its not quite what I want I can retake.  I am figuring my score will be somewhere between 162-164.

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
Re: Well...I'm 90% sure I'm keeping my score
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:16:41 PM »
Same here.  Since I've already submitted apps, it would be stupid to cancel now anyway.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

drack26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:17:31 PM »
I think that's a good idea. I feel like we'll be pleasantly surprised with this scale. I have a question that doesn't really belong here, but kind of does, but im sure no one will respond to it anywyas.

Say for instance someone (me) were to get in the high 160's, low 170's on this lsat, or even mid 160's like a 164 - 168 range, would it be impossible to get into schools like USC, BU, and BC? I have a good GPA from a top 40 undergrad school (3.6ish), but i heard it was harder to get in late in the cycle or wahtever. Am i being too optimistic assuming that my chances are pretty good at at least 2/3 of those schools?

spud1987

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 11:21:17 PM »
I think you would have a good chance even though it is late in the cycle.  You might as well send the apps out, I would.  Thats funny, I plan on applying to all three of those schools (USC, BC, BU) My gpa is 3.9 so I figure I'll need around a 165 at least, so even if I get a 163 or so I can still retake and have a good shot. 

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:23:25 PM »
I considered cancelling my score after the June LSAT.  After thinking about it I realized that I was focusing on the 3-4 questions that I really struggled with.  Fortunately, I kept my score and got a 172, so don't be too nervous.

Nine48

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:26:15 PM »
I considered cancelling my score after the June LSAT.  After thinking about it I realized that I was focusing on the 3-4 questions that I really struggled with.  Fortunately, I kept my score and got a 172, so don't be too nervous.

Damn congratulations that's a great score.  If this is too nosy, you don't have to answer it, but I was curious what your GPA was.  With that score I would have thought you'd be a shoe in at GULC.

spud1987

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 11:32:20 PM »
Ya I know I missed around 6 by looking at the PM.  I just tripled that and figured that would be my score.  Hopefully I didn't miss more than that, but I guess I'll never know, all I'll know is 1?? and ?? percentiale...stupid feb test

drack26

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 11:38:18 PM »
yea that is a great score. and im sure you did fine.  good luck on BC/BU/USC, I hope we both get in to at least one of them. Even if i were to get a 180, i wouldn't want to anywhere else besides one of those 3 schools, so hopefully they'll like my late application/february lsat score. I'm hoping for a 165+, with my 3.6 gpa will get me in. My brother graduated from BUSL too, so that may help.  Plus i have good recs and all that jazz. Whatever, if i dont get in anywhere, I'll go work for a few years or something. It's just life, its not that important. I would really love to get a 175 or soemthing though, not to apply to better schools or even to get more money from the schools im applying to, but just to tell people that i did it. that would be the balls.

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 11:38:50 PM »
I've only got a 3.16.  I worked part time and graduated in 3.5 years from a pretty tough school.  I applied to so many schools because I wanted to make sure that I cast a wide net.

spud1987

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 11:43:07 PM »
yea that is a great score. and im sure you did fine.  good luck on BC/BU/USC, I hope we both get in to at least one of them. Even if i were to get a 180, i wouldn't want to anywhere else besides one of those 3 schools, so hopefully they'll like my late application/february lsat score. I'm hoping for a 165+, with my 3.6 gpa will get me in. My brother graduated from BUSL too, so that may help.  Plus i have good recs and all that jazz. Whatever, if i dont get in anywhere, I'll go work for a few years or something. It's just life, its not that important. I would really love to get a 175 or soemthing though, not to apply to better schools or even to get more money from the schools im applying to, but just to tell people that i did it. that would be the balls.

Ya I wouldn't mind a 170+ score, I know I didn't get it this test though unless there was an awesome scale and I got most of my quesses right.  What do you want to do with your law degree?  I want to probably do biglaw and those schools seem like the best to go to for that outside the T14.  I'm not positive what I want to do though, who knows, I could change my mind.