Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will I get in?  (Read 4262 times)

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Re: Will I get in?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
Hey everyone...I dont care right now what school is better...could someone please tell me my chances? Thanks

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 11:56:29 AM »
I don't know about your other schools, but I dont think you will get in to STCL.  You will almost definatly get into Texas Southern.  If you do real well your first year maybe you can transfer to STCL.

fungoking

• Play me some Buck Owens!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2004, 12:43:36 AM »
Ithacabomber:

If at all possible, try to take the LSAT again and pull that number up.  141 is gonna hurt for sure, and Texas Southern(not to be confused with South Texas, where you applied), Cooley, and some non-ABAs might be your only viable shots.

If you cant take the exam again, do everytinhg you can to lobby the schools you havent heard from yet--get down there and interview.  Call.  Write letters and such, saying how your LSAt doenst tell the whole story.  I know Campbell is big on the "whole-person" concept. An aggressive, in-person lobby might be your only ticket.  By the numbers, by themsleves, your LSAt is too low, everywhere you told us you applied, and your grades dont seem like theyd be high enough to offset that 141.

I know the LSAT is a harrowing experience.  I took it twice and was gravely disappointed with my score both times.

Good luck, boss.  Hope you can get some face time with some admit officers.

Ithacabomber

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2004, 01:25:18 PM »
Fungo and board
 Thanks for your input keep it coming. I was wondering if someone had an assessment on Stetson. There Lsat scores are not that competitive neither is their GPA. Why wouldnt they take me? Also an update: Univ of Buff and St Louis Univ: rejects Any surprises? Thanks gang!

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2004, 06:55:32 PM »
Go to lawschoolnumbers.com, stetson = 155 & 3.24 Rejected, U of Buf 140 & 3.2 Rejected...

Ithacabomber

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 02:18:11 PM »
Ya but I have great work experience and great recs and Stetson has a 149 for 25th percentile and thats average. Why wouldnt they accept me for my GPA
141 3.4

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 02:20:22 AM »
Becasue in a "numbers" game a 141 speaks out against you, while the GPA is a posive part of your application (avg) your LSAT unfortunatley sticks out like a sore thumb (below avg). I apologize if I sound harsh but this year (and then next) is very tough on applicants and high in numbers.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 08:19:23 AM »
I think law schools look at numbers first, they eliminate the lower numbers, accept the higher numbers, then look at the whole picture of the ones in the middle.  This is only a guess.

Good luck

CJLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 10:37:49 AM »
ithaca, sweetheart, you need to relax. Posting angst riddled messages all day on this board isn't going to make that acceptance come any faster. I know that the waiting is torture, but the whole process has been one hurry up and wait operation. I would suggest immersing yourself in work, or if you aren't employed, get a hobby that keeps you busy throughout the day. Just remember to breath and think postively, and hoepfully soon you will get your letter.