Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: congratulations to the steelers  (Read 1550 times)

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
congratulations to the steelers
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:11:03 AM »
i'd just like to congratulate the steelers and any of their fans who post on this board on the super bowl victory.  great job!

Who dat?

Re: congratulations to the steelers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:22:24 AM »
And I would like to lend my condolences to all those who lost money betting on the Seahawks... :(

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:27:02 AM »
at least now that the distraction of football is over, we can look forward to the serious business of baseball- only 56 days until opening day.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 01:21:38 AM »
at least now that the distraction of football is over, we can look forward to the serious business of baseball- only 56 days until opening day.

YAY!  And YAY for spring training tickets!

and YAY steelers

and boo for not betting money on them :(
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 02:23:26 AM »

Two weeks until Pitchers and Catchers report to Clearwater...Go Phils!!!!

check01

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 03:26:16 AM »
It's easy to complain about officiating, but this was a clear case of refs giving the game to Pittsburgh. 

What made the official who was about to spot the ball at the half-yard line suddenly change his mind and call touchdown? And why was it not reversed on review?

And where was the holding call that stole Seattle's first-and-goal at the 1?

And why in the name of Christ was Hasselbeck given a 15-yard penalty for a low block when he was tackling the guy who intercepted his pass?

And if there hadn't been such a clear and obvious camera angle on the play, would they have let the ruling on the Hasselbeck "fumble" stand? That was a screw job narrowly averted.

And I'm not even talking about the weak-ass offensive pass interference negating Seattle's first touchdown. That was weak, but it was arguable that the tiny push gave him the room he needed to make the catch. Still, a very sorry performance.

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »
sounds like you guys lost some money on the seahawks...

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 12:06:52 PM »
Let me preface this by saying I did not bet money on the game. I was looking forward to a good game. However, as others have pointed out, the officials screwed up a bunch of calls that all seemed to favor the Steelers who did not play very well at all. I think the Big Ben touchdown was the right call, the ball was in his glove hand which clearly broke the plane before he got hit, but also think the push off call on Jackson was bogus. As a result of the poor officiating, the game was not as enjoyable as it could have been.

BTW, don't forget about a little thing known as March Madness as well as the WBC between now and Spring Training.  ;)
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

check01

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 02:05:37 PM »
I had no money on the game but I did have a lifetime of fanship. My stepdad was one of the original season ticket holders in the old Kingdome and I went to games when Jim Zorn was playing instead of coaching. So it hurts a little to see them lose like that.

And yes, I forgot about the two offsides no-calls on two plays in a row!!!

Mr Shears

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 02:09:41 PM »
Are you writing a personal statement about the steelers or something?  How does this pertain to law school applications?  ???