Law School Discussion

crazy8

Re: Something NEW! Hot White/Other? Men for the Sistas
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

Good question.  Do Black men on that level of "hotness" want to marry a sista?
[/quote]

I have had white male friends tell me that they would, but they are somewhat intimidated that the girl would not be interested so they don't even bother.  But I think if they get the sense that you would be open-minded to the possibility, then they may pursue.

crazy8

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 11:10:43 AM »
I mean what if the parents are racists...the person that you're dating isn't however..but have you thought about what that could do to your bi-racial children to not be accepted by their white grandparents.. or black grandparents for that matter...

I'm not saying every bi-racial relationship is like that..don't get me wrong..but what if the guy that you are really feeling and considering pursuing a future with has racist parents?

I think they will also ignore the advice of their parents (not all, but some).  Heck, I know my mom would love for me to find a "quality" black man, but I'm sure that if he happen to be of the caucasian persuasion  :) and treated me right, and seemed to be comfortable with handling it, then she would love him nonetheless (though it might take her a while).

I feel what you're saying Blk, but I still don't think I would pass on love just because my man is white and has racist parents.  I think relationships all have their obstacles, and if you raise confident children in a loving household, then it should at least buffer some of what they will encounter.  Two of my grandparents passed away when I was very small, and I my parents were not very close with the other two, so I guess I'm saying this from a perspective of a child who did not grew up with a large extended family.

MorehouseMan

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 11:11:19 AM »
oooh HB that hurt :'(   In my humble opinion, I think they would, as society gets more comfortable with the idea of it.  And they appreciate black women for who they are, minus the perms and the weaves (not knocking those who have them). 

That's so much BS. "they appreciate black women for who they are". I mean, I can't believe the amount of sh*t I hear on this board sometimes. I'm trying to be a good HBCU.EDU but you guys are making me want to pimp slap you. Listen.....if you want to have sex with white men I say go for it! Be my guest. But, don't go out and get into a relationship with a with man because "black men this and black men that and black men don't do this and black men don't do that." I mean, if you are that naive to think that white men are going to treat you better then you guys are in for a sad sad experience.

I've got news for you women. A good MAN is hard to find. Period. A white man will beat your ass and cheat on you just as quick as a black man will. They don't do anything better than us. Besides, white men are not attracted to black women like that anyway. They don't want to put a ring on your finger. You guys are lifting them up and washing their b*lls but at the end of the day, they don't want to make you their wife. Seriously, why would a "hot" white man marry a black woman when he could have a hot white girl, or asian, or indian, etc.?

I see you girls as being the problem. I know a gang of educated sistas who are smart, attractive, and down to earth, who don't have any problems finding good black men. Get the chip off your shoulder. Lose the attitude. Stop holding your ass so tight and then you will be able to have a conversation with a blak man for more than 5 minutes.

crazy8

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »

MorehouseMan

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 11:15:17 AM »
Do white men really want black women though? I mean, I know they will have sex with you. But, do you feel like they are really attracted to you enough to marry you over say white, asian, or other women? You guys are posting pics of a lot of “hot” white dudes. But, do white men on that level of “hotness” want to marry a sistas? I don’t know…that’s why I’m asking.

You didn't answer my question though.

crazy8

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »
oooh HB that hurt :'(   In my humble opinion, I think they would, as society gets more comfortable with the idea of it.  And they appreciate black women for who they are, minus the perms and the weaves (not knocking those who have them). 

That's so much BS. "they appreciate black women for who they are". I mean, I can't believe the amount of sh*t I hear on this board sometimes. I'm trying to be a good HBCU.EDU but you guys are making me want to pimp slap you. Listen.....if you want to have sex with white men I say go for it! Be my guest. But, don't go out and get into a relationship with a with man because "black men this and black men that and black men don't do this and black men don't do that." I mean, if you are that naive to think that white men are going to treat you better then you guys are in for a sad sad experience.

I've got news for you women. A good MAN is hard to find. Period. A white man will beat your ass and cheat on you just as quick as a black man will. They don't do anything better than us. Besides, white men are not attracted to black women like that anyway. They don't want to put a ring on your finger. You guys are lifting them up and washing their b*lls but at the end of the day, they don't want to make you their wife. Seriously, why would a "hot" white man marry a black woman when he could have a hot white girl, or asian, or indian, etc.?

I see you girls as being the problem. I know a gang of educated sistas who are smart, attractive, and down to earth, who don't have any problems finding good black men. Get the chip off your shoulder. Lose the attitude. Stop holding your ass so tight and then you will be able to have a conversation with a blak man for more than 5 minutes.

WOW :o I'm gonna have to go grab lunch and take a deep breath before making a response to this one.

MorehouseMan

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 11:22:06 AM »
Do white men really want black women though? I mean, I know they will have sex with you. But, do you feel like they are really attracted to you enough to marry you over say white, asian, or other women? You guys are posting pics of a lot of “hot” white dudes. But, do white men on that level of “hotness” want to marry a sistas? I don’t know…that’s why I’m asking.

You didn't answer my question though.

That's because your question is nonsensical.  Opening ourselves up to dating White men generally doesn't imply that the top 1% of hot White guys want to marry Black women.  One has nothing to do with the other.

I thought it was a "Good Question". I guess that makes your question nonesnsical as well. damn you Mob. Damn black women. 

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 11:31:43 AM »

I've got news for you women. A good MAN is hard to find. Period. A white man will beat your ass and cheat on you just as quick as a black man will. They don't do anything better than us. Besides, white men are not attracted to black women like that anyway. They don't want to put a ring on your finger. You guys are lifting them up and washing their b*lls but at the end of the day, they don't want to make you their wife. Seriously, why would a "hot" white man marry a black woman when he could have a hot white girl, or asian, or indian, etc. ?

Right, and black men are lined up around the block to marry black women, which is why 40something odd percent of black women have never been married. Whatever. And I'm glad you can speak for what white men are attracted to, being that you are one, correct?  ::) Furthermore, YOU are making it pretty explicit that YOU consider Black women to be at the bottom of the totem pole - "why would a "hot" white man marry a black woman when he could have a hot white girl, or asian, or indian, etc." Maybe because they don't consider black women to be inferior to the races of women you just named. But its pretty obvious that you think that.

Your response was very simplistic and crass and I would hope that given ppl's respect for you on this board, that you would have come with something better HBCU. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that your main point - which is that white men may have less than sincere reasons to date black women - is a very valid point. However, that mere suspicion is not worth Black women cutting off that potential option. Especially given that BLACK men are no less prone to only having a sexual interest in black women. As you put it so eloquently, good men are hard to find regardless of color.  No one here is under any illusion that white men are some kind of holy grail and the cure to Black women's problems. All that is being said is it would do sisters some good to expand our horizons.

intent06

• "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 11:35:23 AM »
Intent comes in, lurks, and after the last post, leaves....lol

omg

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »
man...I'm choking