Law School Discussion

Re: Something NEW! Hot White/Other? Men for the Sistas
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 08:31:51 AM »
for me it really isn't an issue.. I used to be bothered by it in undergrad because that was all I'd see on my campus however as I got older it didn't matter so much what other people did... I just know that it isn't my personal preference..and it's something that I won't budge on..

[it's a thin line between love and hate

Mmmph mmmph mmmph. I know that's right! It certainly seems to have something to do with views on White and Black people/relations as meaning White and Black MEN, and women as a whole are deemed irrelevant. So it makes sense that all their "Black rage" is directed at White men and they view white women as being non-agents who don't have anything to do with racism. Furthermore, this patriarchal view keeps them from seeing their disconnect from Black women as disloyal to the  Black cause.

And just for the record, I clearly don't have any issue with interracial dating. It's 2006 and IMO it's high time that Black women got over Black men's willingness to date elsewhere. However, I just find it somewhat disingenuous when the very "militant" (as petit put it) types tend to have anything but a Black woman on their arm.

crazy8

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »
Here's my addition.  He kinda reminds me of a white version of Julio Iglesias. ;)....wait how do I paste a picture onto this thing?

petitschoque

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 09:37:29 AM »
I think that Chris Meloni from Law & Order: SVU is really cute, and Daniel Day Lewis is quite attractive too. But maybe I'm biased since my fiance kinda looks like a cross between the two of them :) I'd post pics but I'm feeling lazy.

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 10:00:48 AM »
Hello Ladies

I just wanted to let you know that I couldn't agree more with what ya'll are saying.  I actually saw the movie on Friday and loved the way this issue was presented but was a bit disappointed by the fact that the NY Times kept making a point to refer to the premise of the movie as being Hollywood "Fantasia". I'm not sure what part they were referring to: the fact that a single Black female can have it going on or the fact that she may choose to share herself with a White man. Either way it was a bit of a slap in the face.

crazy8

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
Here's my addition.  He kinda reminds me of a white version of Julio Iglesias. ;)....wait how do I paste a picture onto this thing?

You have to link to it.  Click on the little picture button and you should get this:
""

Then between the "img" brackets paste a link to the pic.

(hard to explain, hope this helps!) :)

Ok lemme know if this works:

MorehouseMan

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »
Do white men really want black women though? I mean, I know they will have sex with you. But, do you feel like they are really attracted to you enough to marry you over say white, asian, or other women? You guys are posting pics of a lot of “hot” white dudes. But, do white men on that level of “hotness” want to marry a sistas? I don’t know…that’s why I’m asking.

crazy8

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »
oooh HB that hurt :'(   In my humble opinion, I think they would, as society gets more comfortable with the idea of it.  And they appreciate black women for who they are, minus the perms and the weaves (not knocking those who have them). 

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »
what about their parents? and ultimately the effect it could have on your kids?

crazy8

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »
I think they will also ignore the advice of their parents (not all, but some).  Heck, I know my mom would love for me to find a "quality" black man, but I'm sure that if he happen to be of the caucasian persuasion  :) and treated me right, and seemed to be comfortable with handling it, then she would love him nonetheless (though it might take her a while).

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »
I mean what if the parents are racists...the person that you're dating isn't however..but have you thought about what that could do to your bi-racial children to not be accepted by their white grandparents.. or black grandparents for that matter...

I'm not saying every bi-racial relationship is like that..don't get me wrong..but what if the guy that you are really feeling and considering pursuing a future with has racist parents?

I think they will also ignore the advice of their parents (not all, but some).  Heck, I know my mom would love for me to find a "quality" black man, but I'm sure that if he happen to be of the caucasian persuasion  :) and treated me right, and seemed to be comfortable with handling it, then she would love him nonetheless (though it might take her a while).