Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toby Stock Calls - Today  (Read 4034 times)

marcus06

• View Profile
Re: Toby Stock Calls - Today
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 01:55:26 AM »
i don't think this is a flame...i received a hold letter dated on January 17th, but i received the email about a call in late January and then actually had the call this past week. I was hoping i would be the only one, but it doesn't look like it...

Harvard seems so unpredictable...

Crimson11

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:40 AM »
Harvard seems so unpredictable...

Maybe Mr. Stock's point in making these calls is to make Harvard's admissions as unpredictable as Yale's  ;)
Attending: HARVARD

Optimus Prime: NYU, UVa($$), UPenn, Georgetown, HARVARD!!, Columbia
Megatron: Stanford, Yale
Skyfire: University of Chicago
Still waiting: Duke

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 09:19:11 AM »
I don't know anything about Marcus, but the OP is definitely suspect.  He decided to post this very provocative post and create his entire LSN account yesterday.  I tend to be hesistant when I see an LSN account like that.  On the other hand, the dates seem  legit.

babu134

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 01:04:25 PM »
First of all, I have no idea what an OP is--original poster? 

To clarify the course of events:
2005: Completed app.
Jan 17th (or thereabout): "Hold" letter (not defer).
Last Tuesday: E-mail notifying me of impending call
Yesterday: Toby Called (for the first and only time)

He asked me about my job, my thesis, and if I had any questions about HLS. He then outlined some of the awesome resources Harvard has for its students.  All in all, Toby was a really nice guy and considerate to call to see if I had any questions.  No idea if I'll get in but I did appreciate his call.

snikrep

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 01:15:54 PM »
Yeah - the reason people are skeptical is that we get a fair amount of people through who jerk all our chains and cry wolf.

That being said, your story sounds reasonable, we'll know for sure soon if other people get called.  It sounds like he did the original calls with autoadmits, deferred most people based largely on numbers, and then is taking a look at all the deferrals now that he has his 75+ percentile filled up.

babu134

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »
I understand, I understand.  We'll see what happens.   

jmorrow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »
That being said, your story sounds reasonable, we'll know for sure soon if other people get called.  It sounds like he did the original calls with autoadmits, deferred most people based largely on numbers, and then is taking a look at all the deferrals now that he has his 75+ percentile filled up.

And then, of course, there's that other category of people who have heard nothing at all...

Which I suppose pokes some holes in the theory that he hasn't sent me (or chombi3, for that matter) anything because, really, he's going to call me any second now and why waste the postage.
Georgtown University Law Center/Public Policy Institute '10

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jmorrow

chombi3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »

And then, of course, there's that other category of people who have heard nothing at all...

Which I suppose pokes some holes in the theory that he hasn't sent me (or chombi3, for that matter) anything because, really, he's going to call me any second now and why waste the postage.

good call jmorrow.  also, some uplifting news...one of my brother's friends hasn't heard anything from toby yet, in spite of having a 4.0/174, having already been accepted to yale AND stanford, and having submitted novemberish.  hey, i'll take any bit of hope i can get.
Crazy For You: georgetown, NYU, penn ($$$), UVA, chicago, columbia, harvard!!
Rejection Is The Greatest Aphrodisiac: Stanford
Justify My Love: yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chombi3

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 01:38:01 PM »
Not to digress, but does anyone know of any admits last week?

babu134

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
No I didn't send in any additional materials.