Toby Stock Calls - Today
« on: February 05, 2006, 01:25:50 PM »
Jus

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Toby Stock Calls - Today
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »
Just heard from Toby Stock.  He was really nice but I was not expecting it and had just gotten back from the gym, still out of breath.  So embarrassing.  I definitely didn't give my best responses.  Do you think he'll reject a lot of people based on these calls?

No one who has received a call has been rejected (as far as I know).  Only recently did H defer some who were called, and I really doubt a poor showing on the phone was a decisive factor at all.  I would just say be glad you got the call, since there are plenty of other applicants who would love such attention from TStock.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »
Do you mind sharing with us your numbers and date of completion?

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 03:00:43 PM »

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=babu134

He's listed as deferred.  Any one else with a deferral get a call or the call email??  Seems kind of odd.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 09:08:11 PM »

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=babu134

He's listed as deferred.  Any one else with a deferral get a call or the call email??  Seems kind of odd.

No. I don't think it is. Several of the "Deferred" have received the call. My guess is that the "Hold" really is what Harvard said it is and not exactly a deferral. Toby will probably call many, most or all of the Deferred.

That having been said, I think these calls have a different purpose (unlike calls to the autoadmits). I think these are meant to serve more as interviews than congratulatory.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 10:38:52 PM »
Maybe the OP was deferred from EA/ED? And this is the first phone call he got?  Somehow that gives me a little hope, since I was thinking that if someone hasn't gotten a call yet, fergitaboutit...

snikrep

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:51:39 PM »
Maybe the OP was deferred from EA/ED? And this is the first phone call he got?  Somehow that gives me a little hope, since I was thinking that if someone hasn't gotten a call yet, fergitaboutit...

Harvard doesn't have EA/ED.

Did Toby give you an email that he was going to call?  Or did he just call you out of the blue?  And I assume you never got an original phone call, correct?  If so, this will truly break precedent - people who got plain deferred without a phone call, and THEN called afterwards, sheesh, talk about rocking the boat!!  We don't have any theories for this situation - we're in uncharted waters people.

This is the most exciting news we've gotten in about a month, what a trip!! ;)

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 11:09:15 PM »
Ah, well then...that explains why I couldn't find any dates for ED/EA on LSN.  So much for that theory. 

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 11:44:36 PM »
Such an odd flame.