« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 10:55:11 AM »
get a room, you two.

fainana

• :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Toby Stock Calls - Today
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
Wahooooo!!!!! I got the call from Toby today saying I'm in!!! This is the first school I've gotten into even though I applied everywhere at once- is that weird. I'm going to law school!!!!!!

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
Eek! Congrats! When did you get "the call" (the first one)?

Now you can look forward to "the box" and "the t-shirt you can't wear anywhere"! Look out for postage due on that t-shirt though; I got billed $1.

vrm083

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »
Haha.  Poor yc; you're so embittered.  Does this knock Harvard down a notch for you?

Congrats, Bella!!!

Yale College Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
Haha.  Poor yc; you're so embittered.  Does this knock Harvard down a notch for you?

Congrats, Bella!!!

I think the shirt sucks, but I really like the vanity card that comes with it.

Did you get your shirt?
1. Does it fit?
2. What do you think of the design?
3. Would you wear it in public?
4. Did you get billed for postage?

--
Bella: when did you get the first call/e-mail? I'm looking out for a friend.

vrm083

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
I haven't gotten the shirt yet; maybe mine got lost entirely!  I'm assuming that it won't fit, though, since I'm not incredibly fat :), and no one else's shirt seems to fit.  I saw a pic of it that someone uploaded, though, and I'm not a huge fan of the design.  I don't like white shirts in general.  Grey would've been better.  And I don't like the font.  I probably won't wear it in public, although I will definitely wear it to bed, and sometimes I'm just obscenely lazy enough to wear my pjs while I run errands.  I'll let you know about the postage when it comes, hahaha.

fainana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 01:49:17 PM »
I talked to Toby Wednesday of last week- I asked and he said I would hear anywhere from a week to eight weeks later. Today isn't even a week, so you can imagine my surprise when I'm listening to my messages on speakerphone while laying out my books to study for a midterm and I hear, "Hi ________, this is Toby Stock. Congratulations and welcome to the class of 2009. I look forward to meeting you in person...." I think I'm going to fail my midterm, but I guess it doesn't really matter anymore... ;D

Yale College Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »
Actually, I believe his exact words were "Toby Stock calling from Harvard Law School." I think I got the same voicemail, word for word.

fainana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2006, 02:22:12 PM »
That's funny. It probably was the way you say it was, I'm too lazy to retrieve the message, although I am enough of a dork to have saved it on my answering machine.

Yale College Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
Oh, I saved it to my voicemail, downloaded it to my phone, and now use it as my ringtone.

Just kidding.