Law School Discussion

Toby Stock Calls - Today

Re: Toby Stock Calls - Today
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 12:34:29 PM »
Oh my. Just got the email from Toby asking when I'd be free to chat on the phone and what number he should call. Oh my.

I hadn't even received a notification that my app at Harvard was complete. In his email, he said that the call is not concerning problems with my application.

I guess this is the telephone interview. Here's hoping...

vrm083

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 12:46:26 PM »
Oh my. Just got the email from Toby asking when I'd be free to chat on the phone and what number he should call. Oh my.

I hadn't even received a notification that my app at Harvard was complete. In his email, he said that the call is not concerning problems with my application.

I guess this is the telephone interview. Here's hoping...

It is indeed the phone interview.  Lots of people got the call before the complete notice.  Good luck!!!

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 12:46:45 PM »
That's great news Aqualung (AKA my near number twin).  Knock him dead/give me hope.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 01:44:21 PM »
some uplifting news...one of my brother's friends hasn't heard anything from toby yet, in spite of having a 4.0/174, having already been accepted to yale AND stanford, and having submitted novemberish.  hey, i'll take any bit of hope i can get.

Sounds like someone I know...

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
Toby and I had a nice chat. Unsure of the significance of this. I don't think the committee has reviewed my application yet, even. Sooner is better than later. I want this to go FASTER.

I know. I'll go home and check the mail.

fainana

• :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »
Agh, I got an e-mail from Toby Stock yesterday also, but he hasn't called me yet- I actually almost fell in the shower this morning because I heard the phone ring and didn't want to miss the call (turns out it was a friend who now owes me for almost making my heart stop). Does anyone know around what time he tends to call people? My e-mail just said he was going to call and to let him know if there was a  time I would be hard to reach, but I always have my cell phone so I didn't respond- should I have responded? Agh! Also, what sorts of things does he ask about when he calls?

John Galt

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »
Agh, I got an e-mail from Toby Stock yesterday also, but he hasn't called me yet- I actually almost fell in the shower this morning because I heard the phone ring and didn't want to miss the call (turns out it was a friend who now owes me for almost making my heart stop). Does anyone know around what time he tends to call people? My e-mail just said he was going to call and to let him know if there was a  time I would be hard to reach, but I always have my cell phone so I didn't respond- should I have responded? Agh! Also, what sorts of things does he ask about when he calls?

he usually calls about 2:30am. Try not to go to sleep until he calls (I hear he automatically dings you if you sound tired). I recommend only answering the call to toby, send all your friends' calls to voicemail. Toby's area code is 666 FYI.  Regarding the questions he asks, they are actually pretty uncomfortable. One question he asked me was what age I was potty trained and if I ate all my greens growing up as a young boy. He said they were pretty standard questions if that helps....

He usually calls around 6:15pm. His phone call actually woke up. I'm sure I was sounding pretty groggy. I actually thought it was my friend who has a similar number. FYI I think his area code is 617 (Mr. Stock).  Regarding the questions he asks, they are pretty typical. He asked me about a couple jobs I had, some of the political stuff I've done, asked me some questions about a paper I wrote and then he proceeded to tell me about what Harvard offers in the  field I'm most interested. He was affable and genuine. He spent about 15 minutes on the phone with me and called me two days after I received his email.

fainana

• :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 03:58:18 PM »
LOL, thanks. I know I sound like a spaz, I'm really not, just feeling a little strange not knowing when he'll call me and confused since I applied late and wasn't expecting to hear anything for a while.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »
Confirmed: area code is 617, and the next three digits should be 495 or 496. He tends to ask pretty straightforward questions about your resume and application, and he asked me if I had any questions about HLS.

And for those who ran out of shower / back from gym, don't worry, I guarantee you I was in the most awkward situation of any of you when Toby called me. Maybe in a few months I will share it.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 07:33:42 PM »
I donít know if this is posted elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten into HLS without a phone call.