Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Late GULC PT question  (Read 240 times)

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Late GULC PT question
« on: February 05, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »
So there's only one school I want to attend - GULC's part time program. I took the LSAT yesterday, with the intention of getting an early start on my Fall 2007 application. I didn't think I'd be able to go to law school before 2007. But things have changed, and I would be able to go this fall. I don't need to go this fall, but it is an option. I know GULC accepts applications for the PT program until March. My UGPA is 3.45, I have five years of good work experience, and based on the post-mortems for yesterday's LSAT, I probably scored between 166 and 171 (I know, a big range, but I just don't know what the scale is going to look like and there are a few questions I'm unsure of). Since GULC has a rolling application cycle, should I just wait to apply for fall 2007? Or do I still have a shot at getting in this year? I'm worried that if I apply this year and get rejected, it may hurt my chances next year.
Georgetown

spud1987

Re: Late GULC PT question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »
I say you apply this year.  Even if you don't get in (which is unlikely if you got a 167+) you can still apply next year.  I don't think it would hurt your chances next year, you can just tweak your app a little bit to make it more appealing, maybe take the LSAT again in June or Oct.  But I would definately send them an app this cycle.

The Spanish Teacher

• It's been so long....
    • View Profile
Re: Late GULC PT question
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:28:06 AM »
I would definintely apply this year.  With your possible numbers, you're very likely to get in.  The median LSAT for GULC PT is in the low 160's (you can find it on the ABA review of law schools on the LSAC website).  I got in with a 164. So if you actually get a 166-171, you've got a really good chance.  The only concern I would have is how late you're sending your application out.
Attending GULC in Fall '06