Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Diagnostic Scores  (Read 2635 times)

msusek

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Diagnostic Scores
« on: December 17, 2003, 02:19:57 PM »
Just a quick note for anyone thinking of taking the LSAT a second time.  I took the LSAT back in 1999 and got a 157 with only minor preparations (not that bad, not that great).  So I decided to retake the test in October.  I had just spent two years as a grad student in philosophy, and took an entire month off from my thesis research to prepare for the LSAT.  Everyday I spent hours preparing (no exaggeration).  I took about 10 complete tests during that time (under simulated conditions).  My scores ranged from 157-165, with a mean of 160.  My raw scores ranged from 69-79 with a mean of 73.  When I retook the test, I thought I did better than ever...I felt great about my performance.  I stayed on time, used learned techniques, and thought I cracked 160 easily.  However, I walked out with a raw score of 61 and a calculated score of 151.  So be careful when using diagnostic scores to predict your actual performance...flukes happen.

Ned Flanders

Re:Diagnostic Scores
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 05:07:44 PM »
So why do you think your score dropped so much on the actual test?  Were your practice tests based on actual, previously administered LSATs?  If so, were you particularly anxious on test day and perhaps having difficulties focusing?