Law School Discussion

aliciachen23

• My wife and baby boy!
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Args Master List (9 MORE TO GO!!)
« Reply #550 on: February 08, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
Okay, and the answer choice you remember is that if Stores Selling Mostly Calendars not in the mall, then not open year round?

« Reply #551 on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:54 PM »
alach, what did u get for the trait question
like i said in my post

answer choice C and E were exactly the same except answer C said ALL to begin the sentence and answer E said only to begin the sentence

did you put either of those or none and if you which? also i want to hear what everyone else thinks

« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2006, 12:31:37 AM »
For the greek political problem and its comparison to todays politics, i put something like " the presences of criminals and poverty dont necessarily have to do with a poor political system"

« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2006, 12:36:02 AM »
actually scratch that, i dont think i picked that one....i remember it being an answer choice though

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 09, 2006, 04:37:29 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had selected all of the responses that Twix did for the new questions posted.

Okay, list is updated including twixlover's additonal questions.  I had to shorten down a few of the stimulus' on the master list to make room for the extra question but dont worry, they are only for the questions that were not debated and easily accepted as ttcr. 

I didn't list the answers that twix provided because I don't know if they are consensus yet, and I don't remember a few of them. 

aliciachen23

• My wife and baby boy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2006, 09:39:12 AM »
Shonetone:  Pretty sure I got "C".  It was a strengthen or something like that, and that totally explained why the over-the-top venom is still present.  The other was delving into what a disadvantageous trait was, which wasn't covered by the argument. 

« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2006, 09:42:07 AM »
LR Master List

46)   Q: guy writes about another painter who he thinks is underrated because of some reason.  guy wanted to defend the painter in light of recent criticism that had been brought against the painter. 
Ans: 

47)   Q:  art historians being able to distinguish Michaelenglo's paintings from the other paintings during that era.  something about how they could tell who painted what based on the contours of the painting
A:  assumption:

46. the guy explained the criticisms of the painter but failed to point out his good points to render the criticisms unjustified, so the answer was something like "he was unsuccessful in proving the painter is underrated"

47. The question said they identified it as michaelangelo from certain techniques and styles involved.  For the answer, I put they overlooked the possibility that someone other than Michaelangelo could have employed these techniques.

« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »
couldn't post the whole list...went over 10,000 character limit.  here are the rest...

41)   Q:  the question about some kind of bacteria (Lichen) that is cheaper than cooper if used in absorbing pollutants in the air.  lichen should be used instead of copper.
A:  Assumption:  lichens absorb other pollutants at least as well as copper.

For the answer, I got something like it assumes that lichen can prosper in areas without a lot of pollutants.  The stimulus mentioned it was successful measuring copper in an area of high concentration, but I believe the stimulus allready mentions that lichen can successfully absorb pollutants, so it wasn't a necessary assumption per se.  I remember being stuck between the 2 ACs however, and I can't remember the exact wording.

« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2006, 04:50:01 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question about Europe and diversity of goods.
The asnwer choice that's consensus, what letter choice it was? Does anyone remember of the answer: Removing boundaries to free trade (or similar) will expose manufacturers to a greater diversity of consumers (and stimulate production of more diverse goods)... This was C or D.

I picked this one and it may be a part of the consensus answer about import, I'm not sure. Was this a separate answer? Obviously nobody picked this one. That's the reason I became suspicious and started thinking this may be the import answer. 

Re Callendar question, what was D? I keep saying I picked D but I picked the consensus answer. Now I'm thinking that I mixed up something. If someone told me how was D worded I would feel more confident I din't make a stupid mistake. PLease...

« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
Also, clarification of the Ice age question:

A body of a prehistoric?? man was found under the ice sheet in Arctic together with some other items. The analysis of these artifacts suggests that the body is at least 200 000 years old. However, the body could stay preseved for so long only if it was constantly frozen all this time... What can be infered from this?

A: The ice glacier under which the body was found probably didn't melt during this period