Law School Discussion

4DClaw

• View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Args Master List (9 MORE TO GO!!)
« Reply #480 on: February 06, 2006, 06:49:03 PM »
I chose the answer that's on the master list. It's a principle question, so it would have to encompass all three statements: chiropractor, homeopathy and accupuncture. I remember the answer you chose, but it really isn't an overarching principle for the question stem. The common theme for all three of them was that they did good things, even though they didn't do what was claimed.

20)   Chiropractor, Homeopathy, Acupuncture:
Ans:  Principle:  something can beneficial even though it doesn’t do what it purports to do

I put the answer as Acupuncture isnt as imcompatable with western medicine as once thought...my reasoning was that since it can help with research of body chemistry then it could be compatible

anyone?

« Reply #481 on: February 06, 2006, 06:50:53 PM »
well i would agree if it was a principle question and i was about to pick that answer but hten i remember reading superprep by lsac and i noticed the stem said it was an inference...and i remember an inference can be based off a single premise thats why i went with the answer of acupuncture...i remember the stem was inference because i remember my thought process

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 06, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »
But even with those standards, the principle in the master list is something that can be inferred from the premise. The other problem with the accupuncture answer, as I vaguely remember, is that is assumed too much. It made the assumption that accupuncture had been considered to be very incompatible with western medicine. That wasn't in the stem.

well i would agree if it was a principle question and i was about to pick that answer but hten i remember reading superprep by lsac and i noticed the stem said it was an inference...and i remember an inference can be based off a single premise thats why i went with the answer of acupuncture...i remember the stem was inference because i remember my thought process

« Reply #483 on: February 06, 2006, 06:55:45 PM »
oh yeah if that was in it hten you are right...that would be taking too much information...ok i concede that you are right

i had to try...

« Reply #484 on: February 06, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »
I think we are 10 short on the master list...we skipped over 37. i also agree that the 10 left are probably pretty easy but i really would like to try to figure them out...i took the test in june last year and we put like 50 out of 51 i think

Finch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: February 06, 2006, 07:10:11 PM »
Can anyone elaborate on number 14?  it's the only one out of all that we have that I can't yet peg my answer as right or wrong... ???

« Reply #486 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
You know what's really heartbreaking?  We can drive ourselves nuts arguing over the correct answers, but at the end of the day, we'll never know because the damn questions won't be released!  ARGH!  Ya think I could sweet talk someone at LSAC into reading me the stems and correct answers over the phone??

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 06, 2006, 07:17:38 PM »
I vaguely remember that stimulus also having something to do with burning calories??

Can anyone elaborate on number 14?  it's the only one out of all that we have that I can't yet peg my answer as right or wrong... ???

« Reply #488 on: February 06, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »
i dont know if people have brought this one up, it was number two on the first logical reasoning section.  This guy writes about another painter who he thinks is underrated.  It was one where you had to finish the sentence.

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: February 06, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »
i dont know if people have brought this one up, it was number two on the first logical reasoning section.  This guy writes about another painter who he thinks is underrated.  It was one where you had to finish the sentence.

Ah yes, I remember that! But I don't remember exactly what it asked. I don't think it was very hard though. Was he writing a book about the painter being underrated?