Law School Discussion

4DClaw

• View Profile
Re: Post Mortem Args Master list
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »
I don't think the squandering one was the right answer. The increased sales tax addresses that, I think. The income answer seemed to be better.

Was there one about income tax decreasing and sales tax increasing in order to encourage people to save? The stimulus also stated that the economy would remain the same. I think it was an assumption question and I chose the answer that said the the new policy would provide as much income as the old policy. Does that ring a bell?

I put that some people wouldn't squander it away

vsavatar

• None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 03:36:46 PM »
I thought the one about the mayor was the answer "The confidential information was not regarding the mayor's medical condition"

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 03:38:14 PM »
I don't think so - if Tyler didn't leak the information to the paper, he wouldn't have done anything wrong. The stem didn't say it had to be confidential MEDICAL information. Just confidential.

I thought the one about the mayor was the answer "The confidential information was not regarding the mayor's medical condition"

vsavatar

• None
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »
Yes, but if it wasn't about his medical condition, then it might not have been Tyler that leaked it.  What if it was his financial information.  It could have been his accountant that leaked it.

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »
That's cool, I had LR as experimental so I'm bound to get them all mixed up. I really, really wish section 1 had been experimental.

magnumalv

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »
What about one that talked about a cholesterol experiment? There were two groups studied, one exercised on a bike machine and one took a cholesterol lowering drug. The conclusion was something like ANY exercise works as well as the drug in terms of lowering cholesterol. The answer was something like "the argument makes too broad of a generalization based on the premises".

whoa..don't recall at all

yeah, me niether. are u sure it wasnt from a practice test?

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »
I'm sure. Not everyone gets the same experimental, even if it's the same type of experimental!  : - )

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
What about one that talked about a cholesterol experiment? There were two groups studied, one exercised on a bike machine and one took a cholesterol lowering drug. The conclusion was something like ANY exercise works as well as the drug in terms of lowering cholesterol. The answer was something like "the argument makes too broad of a generalization based on the premises".

Yup that's exactly what I put--quite certain.

vsavatar

• None
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 03:42:17 PM »
That was on there, but it might have been in the experimental section.

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 03:42:26 PM »
That's the whole point - we don't know whether Tyler leaked it. Just because he's the mayor's doctor doesn't mean he leaked the information, medical or otherwise.

Yes, but if it wasn't about his medical condition, then it might not have been Tyler that leaked it.  What if it was his financial information.  It could have been his accountant that leaked it.