Law School Discussion

Re: Post Mortem Args Master list
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 03:30:18 PM »
i don't remember any phoenician greek thing either. could that have been in the exp.?

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 03:30:22 PM »
Was there one about income tax decreasing and sales tax increasing in order to encourage people to save? The stimulus also stated that the economy would remain the same. I think it was an assumption question and I chose the answer that said the the new policy would provide as much income as the old policy. Does that ring a bell?

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »
I think I put that the doctor was responsible (or not) for the leak

This HAS to be correct. If we don't know whether the doctor is responsible, why should he be punished?

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »
Yeah. I  chose that answer too (D or E, I think)

Was there one about income tax decreasing and sales tax increasing in order to encourage people to save? The stimulus also stated that the economy would remain the same. I think it was an assumption question and I chose the answer that said the the new policy would provide as much income as the old policy. Does that ring a bell?

Fidelio

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »
Yeah. I  chose that answer too (D or E, I think)

Didn't that choice word the answer like....the government can get as much as income?

If so, that's the one I picked too.

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

That's what I put. They threw in a tricky X is increasing more than y decreases, the opposite of which would have been the correct answer.

magnumalv

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »
How is this different than the other Post-mortem LR? Are we discussing them here now?

bc this way we can compile all the stuff, which we couldn't cuz the original person copped out and left us. hence, cookie to the rescue!  :D

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 03:35:04 PM »
What about one that talked about a cholesterol experiment? There were two groups studied, one exercised on a bike machine and one took a cholesterol lowering drug. The conclusion was something like ANY exercise works as well as the drug in terms of lowering cholesterol. The answer was something like "the argument makes too broad of a generalization based on the premises".

magnumalv

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »

That's what I put. They threw in a tricky X is increasing more than y decreases, the opposite of which would have been the correct answer.

agreed--i think A was the one about increasing and decresing. I think I chose C or D, the one about the same amt of income.

Finch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »
I also don't recall any Greek alphabet question.  Also, are we sure about 23?