Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drexel Scholarship  (Read 634 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Drexel Scholarship
« on: February 04, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
I was offered a scholarship at Drexel. The letter says its 14k which is renewable each "quarter." What does that mean? Each semester? Each year? If anyone has had this problem or can give me some insight i would appreciate it. Im just wondering if i got a 14k scholarship or a 28k scholarship (big difference)
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Drexel Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »
Drexel is on the quarter system, rather than semester.  Tuition is $28,090/year.  So it sounds like you're pretty much getting a full-ride.  The only sure thing is to call and ask.  "Renewable per quarter" may mean a GPA requirement.
Fed gov't atty

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 02:35:53 AM »
I was offered a scholarship at Drexel. The letter says its 14k which is renewable each "quarter." What does that mean? Each semester? Each year? If anyone has had this problem or can give me some insight i would appreciate it. Im just wondering if i got a 14k scholarship or a 28k scholarship (big difference)

I got the same thing, Deans scholarship, 14K a quarter, renewable maintaining a 3.0
It's 28k a year, pretty much a full ride.  :D Congrats!
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »

I got the same thing, Deans scholarship, 14K a quarter, renewable maintaining a 3.0
It's 28k a year, pretty much a full ride.  :D Congrats!

are u sure about this? ive got conflicting answers in this thread lol. regardless congrats everyone and i wish they were as lil more concise with their wording...
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

Capt. Nick

• The pain is great.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »
Sorry my friend, I spoke with Drexel this morning about the same topic.  They state that it is the yearly value and its broken up per quarter.  Hope this helps with your planning!  Congrats and good luck.

In: Widener, Pace, Drexel, U Balt., Southwestern, Quinnipiac
Out: U MD, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago & LA, Temple, American, Seton Hall, Chicago, Pepperdine, RU-Camden, Chicago-Kent
Waitlist: Catholic, Hofstra, Chapman
To go: 3 + 1
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=CaptNick

buslaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ransomdoll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »
Sorry my friend, I spoke with Drexel this morning about the same topic.  They state that it is the yearly value and its broken up per quarter.  Hope this helps with your planning!  Congrats and good luck.

That's my same understanding. Also, I've also been told that despite the wording of the letter, the award is renewable while you're at Drexel.