Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YALE DING!  (Read 22614 times)

jeb240

Re: YALE DING!
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »
Found my key!  And alas, nothing.

So I live to cringe another day...

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 02:15:05 AM »

Was everyone else's rejection not even a third of a page in length?  Or was that just mine?

I particularly liked how they wrote that "many highly qualified applicants have to be turned away," which sounds like theyre calling you highly qualified for about .5 seconds. My only previous rejection letter (from Princeton undergrad five years ago) had an entire paragraph about my own personal acheivments and successes, which at least made me smile. i cant tell which one is the aberration.

After seeing all the 172+ rejects, though, I definitely am enjoying being in high LSAT company for at least a few moments. Good luck to those who havent heard!

~n
NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 09:00:59 AM »
I'm out as well.  No surprise at all.  Who's still alive who hasn't heard?  Pancho?  Su?

No word yet, but I imagine it's a slow mail thing and it'll be waiting for me tonight.   :-\

dw05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 09:07:46 AM »
I'm out as well.  No surprise at all.  Who's still alive who hasn't heard?  Pancho?  Su?

No word yet, but I imagine it's a slow mail thing and it'll be waiting for me tonight.   :-\

Hang in there, Su.  You might very well escape this yale ding rampage intact!
I'm going to Harvard!

B.K.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2006, 10:24:26 AM »

I am remarkably still in the race, although I'm sure it'll be waiting for me today. My mailman is pretty flaky, to the point where I've called up the USPS to log formal complaints.

redbottlecap

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »

Was everyone else's rejection not even a third of a page in length?  Or was that just mine?

I particularly liked how they wrote that "many highly qualified applicants have to be turned away," which sounds like theyre calling you highly qualified for about .5 seconds. My only previous rejection letter (from Princeton undergrad five years ago) had an entire paragraph about my own personal acheivments and successes, which at least made me smile. i cant tell which one is the aberration.

The Princeton letter.  You overachiever types are adorable.   :D

jg983

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2006, 12:31:30 PM »

I heard a Dresden Dolls song today that made me think of you, weirdly enough. Keep the faith alive.

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »
I am surprisingly still alive, but it could be a matter of the letter taking its time to get here.

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2006, 01:20:41 PM »
I am surprisingly still alive, but it could be a matter of the letter taking its time to get here.

Seconded. With Yale sending out dings, Stanford sending out another round of dings, and Harvard sending out dings to 12/16 completes... I've never been so scared of my mailbox in my life.
CLS'09

stacy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »
when i read this thread, i immediately headed for the mailbox, thinking of all the reasons that getting rejected from Yale was a good thing:

a) easier to make a decision with fewer schools to choose from
b) bring the parents' expectations down after the harvard deferral got them up
c) who chooses to live in New Haven anyway?
d) my ex, actually, chose to live in New Haven, and who wants to live in the same city as their ex?
e) rejection is character-building

and when i got to the mailbox, THE LETTER WASN'T THERE.  I was almost excited about getting rejected.  Oh Yale, how you continue to find new ways to disappoint me.
JD/MUP Summer starter at Michigan