Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YALE DING!  (Read 23655 times)

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: YALE DING!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 04:28:35 PM »
I never really had a shred of hope for acceptance but I fantasized about that miniscule waitlist of theirs...

i can use this word for the first time now: dinged.

and i can now vouch for the fact that being COMPLETELY unsurprised and expectant in no way protects you from the sting of that small envelope.

~n
NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 04:31:32 PM »
My last shred of hope just died: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chasingkoalas

haha, actually i think it was my last shred of hope... don't give up until you get the letter.  ;)

Hey, sorry to wave your account around; I didn't realize you post here.  And sorry about the Yale ding.  DAMN they're selective.

chasingkoalas

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
Hey, sorry to wave your account around; I didn't realize you post here.  And sorry about the Yale ding.  DAMN they're selective.

Feel free to wave my account around, I don't mind. Actually, it was kind of neat seeing my name linked :)

And thanks for the condolences.  I'm actually surprisingly okay about the ding... I never thought I would get in anyway (or go even if I did).  Good luck to you though!

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 05:35:40 PM »
For one it paid to procrastinate...no dings for at least two weeks I figure.  ;D

postal007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »
For one it paid to procrastinate...no dings for at least two weeks I figure.  ;D

Seems like some people who submitted early Dec even got dinged today, so not so sure about our grace periods =).

postal007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »

Sorry steve.  On the other hand, I'll be joining you as soon as mine makes it to the west coast.

Called it.  Dinged!

what?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »
I know I posted a placeholder above, but I was so impressed with my calling my rejection this morning before the mail came that I just had to make another post.  So add me to the list.

At least I had my scholarship from my alma mater (Tennessee) raised to full in-state tuition.  Even though I am about to withdraw, it at least takes away the sting.

Was everyone else's rejection not even a third of a page in length?  Or was that just mine?
166/3.8

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 06:38:16 PM »
I know I posted a placeholder above, but I was so impressed with my calling my rejection this morning before the mail came that I just had to make another post.

Was everyone else's rejection not even a third of a page in length?  Or was that just mine?

Yeah it was really short...although thats not bad how long do i need to read about my rejection?
HLS '09

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06