Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YALE DING!  (Read 22613 times)

JulieJul

• View Profile
Re: YALE DING!
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2006, 08:50:44 AM »
I was hoping to come home from vacation to find at least a couple acceptances...but I was nonetheless THRILLED to find my first rejection from Yale!  Woo hoo!  Not that I was expecting to get in, but it still hurts a little. 

The letter was dated 3/8 and I only went complete at 1/27...this probably means they just tossed my application in the trash and waited a few weeks to let me know.  Oh well.

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »
Oh, that's unfortunate. Sorry.

Red - I think that's the nicest thing you've ever posted in response to me.  ;)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 03:21:45 PM »
Ding (3/10).  Guess I should've sent in a 250, huh?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

redemption

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 04:30:02 PM »
Sorry to hear it, Lacoste.  :-\

TXcal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »
Ding (3/10).  Guess I should've sent in a 250, huh?

I was sort of wondering how the no-250 thing would pan out.  I'm surprised it was a ding rather than an incomplete.  In any case, can't knock the hustle and can't knock Harvard. 

JaimeNina

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »
I  am actually excited that they are starting to send out dings for people who went complete after 2/1. I can't wait to get mine, so that I can feel free to send in my deposit. Why does yale have this paralyzing hold over me?

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »
(________) = saving myself a spot.  Rejection should be in the mailbox tomorrow morning if
LSN is anything to judge by.
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."

melicertes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2006, 11:00:16 AM »
Dinged via email (I had a deadline for accepting a scholarship tomorrow, so I think the email was a courtesy so make sure I heard in time).  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another round of rejections very soon.  Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision.

melicertes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »
By the way, the title of the email was "Yale Law School Decison" (their typo, not mine).  If they can't even use correct spelling when sending me my decision, I don't think I would have wanted to go there anyway  ;)

B.K.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »
Dinged via email (I had a deadline for accepting a scholarship tomorrow, so I think the email was a courtesy so make sure I heard in time).  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another round of rejections very soon.  Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision.

Sorry to hear that. I too just got dinged via email. I had also emailed them about 10 days ago, requesting info on my application status because of an impending scholarship deadline. Same email title "Yale Law School Decision," but, in my email they spelled "Decision" correctly. ;)

Oh well, while a little insulted, I'm  secretly relieved not to be waitlisted, if only to have some closure.
Good luck to the rest of you!