Law School Discussion

Post Mortem - Feb 06 Logic Games

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem - Feb 06 Logic Games
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2006, 01:38:18 PM »
Was H-6 the only one that could be alone? I think that's what I chose, because of the 3/6 rule.

Yes. I say this with the authority of a short-haired, pale man in a leather jacket.

Lol, yeah that's what I put too I think.

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2006, 01:41:47 PM »
The highway one had one big inference i think:  the rules were, if H-3 wasn't there,H- 6 was, so vice versa on the contarapositive...so that means that one or both had to be funded..at least one of the questions tested that, like, if this one is funded, what is the minimum # and the answer was 3 because you know that H-3 or H-6 had to be there...

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
Agreed.

The highway one had one big inference i think:  the rules were, if H-3 wasn't there,H- 6 was, so vice versa on the contarapositive...so that means that one or both had to be funded..at least one of the questions tested that, like, if this one is funded, what is the minimum # and the answer was 3 because you know that H-3 or H-6 had to be there...

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:32 PM »

Awesome I didn't have time for that one but I quickly put 3 because of what you just said. however, erasing my previous answer caused a lot of messiness on the answer sheet so Imight need to have this thing hand-scored.

vsavatar

• None
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »
Does anyone remember if any of the answers to games 2 or 3 were D.  The reason I asked is because that's what I answered for every single one of those, except one that I answered by matching the rules with the list of answers.

bimmer sooner

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »
so for the last question from the highway mass transit section...
if no mass trans are selected, for how many of the highways could you know whether or not it is selected.

so, i put zero for this one
H4 had no rules assoc with it, so it's up in the air
H1 could not be associated with mass transit, but you don't know whether the lack of mass transit means H1 is funded
H2's rule dealt with H6, so that's out.
The H3/H6 rule means that at least one is, but we can't know which...

so it's zero right?

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »
I put one. Because if no mass transit is selected, then you know 1 can't be selected.

if no mass trans are selected, for how many of the highways could you know whether or not it is selected.

H1 could not be associated with mass transit, but you don't know whether the lack of mass transit means H1 is funded

so it's zero right?

magnumalv

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
I put one. Because if no mass transit is selected, then you know 1 can't be selected.

so it's zero right?

i also put 1

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

so it's zero right?

jmk, correct as usual.

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »
I put you could know about one highway as well. H-1, right?