Law School Discussion

Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp

4DClaw

• View Profile
Re: Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »
Same. I think there's consensus on that.

DRACONIAN VS UNPOPUPAR

I chose draconian

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »

DRACONIAN VS UNPOPUPAR

I chose draconian

Draconian has been established as the correct answer.

Finch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »
one of the questions on the cakewalk passage was asking what the purpose is for mentioning the urbanization, industrialization etc of US during that era.

I think the answer had something to do with showing that the dance had to appeal to many people in order to survive such a complex social context. 

Opinions?

agreed

A group of similar individuals who respect the opinions of others trying to come to a CONSENSUS on the correct answers to LSAT questions. Does anyone else find irony in this?

:D :D

oh crap i either put this or that it provided a favorable context

May be the same answer...I know the answer I chose had "context" in it.

vsavatar

• None
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2006, 02:34:30 PM »
I think it really would have been funny if there had been a groupthink question like this:

The author of this passage would be most likely to agree with which of the following statements:
A) Group cohesiveness is the primary determining factor of GroupThink
B) People who engage in groupthink are more likely to develop well-reasoned, and moderate solutions.
C) People discussing the LSAT after the test will be more likely to engage in GroupThink than people who do not.
D) The factors contributing to GroupThink will never completely be known.
E) A non-cohesive group is more likely to experience GroupThink than a cohesive one.

tulip

« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »
how many of us put unpopular instead of draconian..... tricky question

magnumalv

« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »
I think it's been about a 3:1 consensus on draconian

SkullTatt

« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
one of the questions on the cakewalk passage was asking what the purpose is for mentioning the urbanization, industrialization etc of US during that era.

I think the answer had something to do with showing that the dance had to appeal to many people in order to survive such a complex social context. 

Opinions?

You sir, are correct.

I think there were two similar answers, B and D, and B was very absolute, saying the conditions HAD to exist for  the cakewalk to become popular, whereas D said that societal conditions made it easier or more likely for a dance like the cakewalk to become popular. So I think it was the latter.

« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »
Indeed, draconian, was not the right answer, it was unpopular. Specifically, because the author was talking about how it would not go over well with the general public, because of the effect it would have on them. Not about the perceptions of the general public regarding government control of the internet.

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »
Indeed, draconian, was not the right answer, it was unpopular. Specifically, because the author was talking about how it would not go over well with the general public, because of the effect it would have on them. Not about the perceptions of the general public regarding government control of the internet.

I though the question simply asked what best exemplified the author's POV about the measures?

vsavatar

• None
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2006, 03:00:35 PM »
But he also said the practice was draconian.  He was talking about the populace's response when he said "unpopular", but he wouldn't have used the word draconian if he didn't think it was an appropriate word.