Law School Discussion

Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp

spud1987

Re: Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2006, 12:46:52 PM »
I put skeptical too.  I just got back from the LSAT and reading comp killed me!  Anyone elso think the same?

magnumalv

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
I put skeptical too.  I just got back from the LSAT and reading comp killed me!  Anyone elso think the same?

yeah, it's usu. my best section and i thought it was tough. the last one was awful.

Nine48

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »
For the risks question on the internet passage, was there an answer that had something to do with uncertainty over sovereignty or geography?

spud1987

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »
I put skeptical too.  I just got back from the LSAT and reading comp killed me!  Anyone elso think the same?

yeah, it's usu. my best section and i thought it was tough. the last one was awful.

I know me too!  I felt like I missed at least 6 or 7 and I usually miss 2-3  :(

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2006, 12:51:40 PM »
i put skeptical

Skeptical it is (and was).

Finch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »
I think I put reasoned dismissal (not outright dismissal) because by the end of the passage it seemed that he had reasoned with it, but the last paragraph stated that it was very likely that the big bang would stand because of all the things it had explained in the past and unlikely that the new theory would overtake it.  He said the scientists were right in downplaying the theory's potential or accuracy, something like that...I'm probably wrong.

spud1987

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »
Anyone remember the one with the seedlings that would scatter only if a disaster took out the other trees...... they could not survive with competing plants.  then something saying the trees were about the same height/age in the area.
maybe this was experimental - not sure which section .... :-[

I think that was a LR ? I can't remember if it was experimental though, one of my LR's was.

Fidelio

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »
that was not experimental and I remember that... just don't remember what I put down...

magnumalv

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »
Anyone remember the one with the seedlings that would scatter only if a disaster took out the other trees...... they could not survive with competing plants.  then something saying the trees were about the same height/age in the area.

I got that one too, but i had 3 LR.

I think I chose the one where there were no floods that wiped out the seedlings until after they'd become mature trees...

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »

I remember that one. It sucked hard. Got it wrong for sure. It was not experimental. Man, I hate being wrong.