Law School Discussion

Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
Re: Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »
Yeah, I saw that the last passage was eight questions so I went ahead and did that one first. I've noticed that the LSAC bastards like to put the long passages at the end quite often to screw you over, so I did that one first.

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »
I put devisive business practices, because I figured that was a way of paraphrasing "consumer fraud." But privacy also sounds like it could be right.

cohesiveness passage:

1)which of the following would the author agree:  some people in noncohesive groups are subject to pressure

2) which would the following would the author and (some author) agree about groupthink:  I think I put E.  Something about how it can happen in noncohesive groups

internet passage:

1)  what did the author mean by "risk": something about someone doing some wrong to your business???

2)  which of the following would the author say is included in sovereignty?  directing entities in a set area

With risk it was either that one or the privacy one.  I went with privacy though, I couldn't find any explicit statement about "devisive business practices" in the second paragraph near "risk."
[/quote

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »
I got the same answers to the two cohesiveness questions.

cohesiveness passage:

1)which of the following would the author agree:  some people in noncohesive groups are subject to pressure

2) which would the following would the author and (some author) agree about groupthink:  I think I put E.  Something about how it can happen in noncohesive groups

internet passage:

1)  what did the author mean by "risk": something about someone doing some wrong to your business???

2)  which of the following would the author say is included in sovereignty?  directing entities in a set area

Fidelio

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
cake walk passage

answer to one was that it retained some elements of african dance

2) which of the following is supported in the passage:  that some people used cake walk to express social status

agreed

ahh! yes, good memory, agreed.

Nine48

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »
Groupthink: 

Was one answer that people that are cohesive are more likely to engage in aggressive confrontation than people that are not cohesive?

Can't remember the question.  Author agree?

magnumalv

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »
internet passage:

#2, was political soveriegnty, and the answer was power over physical entities in a specific area (i think)

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2006, 01:36:33 PM »
Given that there are confrontational exchanges, which of the following would the author most likely agree: the group was not cohesive??

I don't remember what I put for that one, but that sounds like it could be right. Confrontational is a characteristic of groupthink, and cohesive is a necessary condition of groupthink???

Commie Panda

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2006, 01:36:54 PM »
What the heck are "devisive" business practices? I chose that answer--deceptive or whatever the heck it was. the reason it was this was becauseof the reference earlier in the paragraph to consumer fraud and how gov'ts might consider banning the internet but people would say "nah we'd rather take the risk than lose all the benefits"

Commie Panda

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »
And I think no one's disputing the sovereignty one so we can finalize that--the control over stuff in a certain area or whatever (physically defined basically)

chastenedaspirations

• JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2006, 01:38:11 PM »
cake walk passage

answer to one was that it retained some elements of african dance

2) which of the following is supported in the passage:  that some people used cake walk to express social status

Yes, I think one question (perhaps the last) asked which was supported, and the end of the passage stated a relation between the cakewalk and a group with "their newly acquired social status."

Agreed