Law School Discussion

Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp

Re: Post Mortem - Feb 06 Reading Comp
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2006, 01:54:56 AM »
To replace "good bright candles", I chose the answer choice (B I think?) that started "Superb beacons...".  Was this how the "good measure of brightness" answer began?  For some reason I don't remember anything saying "Good measure of true brightness" although that's what I was looking for when I read the answer choices and do agree that would be right.  I suck at RC and can't remember anything from it...does anyone else remember this "SUPERB BEACONS" answer choice on that question?  I *KNOW* those 2 words were there, but don't remember the rest of it...

Pittman

« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »
Back to the ubiquitous "draconian" v. "unpopular" debate: Are we sure that the question asked for the author's opinion on a government proposal to prohibit the Internet? Is there any chance that the question asked its readers in what light the populace would hold the imposition of the said prohibition according to the author?
If the former applies (and I think it does), then I believe that "draconian" is the correct answer choice. If the latter holds, I think that "unpopular" is the best choice.

magnumalv

« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »
the former (gov proposal). 100% positive.

Pittman

« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2006, 02:34:13 PM »
[My apologies - wrong post-mortem thread; I'll post the above response on the LR post-mortem thread.]

Pittman

« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »
Sorry again, this does apply to RC. (not enough sleep last night!)

« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »
what was the letter choice to the question 28, last question? Anyone remembers?

Skeptic

• I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2006, 12:21:07 PM »
yes it was (F)

« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »
Back to the ubiquitous "draconian" v. "unpopular" debate: Are we sure that the question asked for the author's opinion on a government proposal to prohibit the Internet? Is there any chance that the question asked its readers in what light the populace would hold the imposition of the said prohibition according to the author?
If the former applies (and I think it does), then I believe that "draconian" is the correct answer choice. If the latter holds, I think that "unpopular" is the best choice.

The question stated fot the " authors attitude", i was about to select unpopular but then switched it to draconian. I didnt think that unpopular was the authors attitude...