Law School Discussion

should i apply to suffolk?

Re: should i apply to suffolk?
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:48 AM »
FYI for all those considering Suffolk, fresh from my email box:

To:       Suffolk University Community

Re:       Tuition Rates for 2006-2007

Date:     February 9, 2006

After careful consideration, the Board of Trustees, at its February meeting, has approved tuition rates for 2006-2007.  The decision followed recommendations by the President, the Vice President/Treasurer and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. 

Undergraduate full-time tuition will increase 6.96% to $22,610.  The new rates for students enrolled in the Law School will be $33,754 for the Day Division and $25,316 for the Evening Division, reflecting an increase of 6.50%.   Other full-time graduate tuition rates in the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer School of Management will have increases ranging from 4.99% to 7.49%.   A chart detailing the new tuition rates by discipline is available at http://www.suffolk.edu/tuitionrates/rates.html .

The new room and board rates at 150 Tremont Street as well as Miller Hall will be $14,276 for a single, $12,756 for a double/triple and $12,250 for a quad.

The University recognizes the effect of these increases on students and parents.   However, we have determined that these rates are necessary to remain competitive and continue our mission of academic excellence.  Overall, tuition at Suffolk University continues to be among the lowest of any independent university in the region.

Financial assistance will be increased by substantially more than the percentage of tuition increase in order to lessen the impact upon those students most in need.

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
almost 34k for suffolk...wtf

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2006, 12:12:27 PM »
More expensive now than BC, BU & NUSL

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »
More expensive now than BC, BU & NUSL

Isn't that crazy??

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
that is frickin insane

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »
that is frickin insane

I believe the other schools willbe increasing their tuitions too, I got mail from Franklin Pierce telling me to expect an increase in their tuition for the 2006-2007 session. Most schools are probably waiting to do it at the last minute so that applicants won't go somewhere else because of the increase

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »
wow

this sucks

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »
wow

this sucks

Yeah, I'm really glad I graduated the undergrad already. Sheesh.

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2006, 09:18:06 PM »
Some of my friends go to Suffolk law, and they love it there. They're pretty smart too. Another one of my friends, didn't even get in to Suffolk and he's a smart dude - I was pretty surprised.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
!
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 09:31:12 PM »
wow i was way floored when this topic emailed me...i haven't been on this board in like a year!  alright, i ended up going to FSU...finals next week...i love it here!  students are awesome, faculty is awesome, housing is cheap... getting a job up in boston is gonna be a female dog, but im prepared to handle it...and im studying abroad next summer at oxford...how cool is that?  ok, back to outlining...