Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley  (Read 5666 times)

ipaqxp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Berkeley
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 04:24:55 PM »
My last name begins with W, yet I got the explanation on Sat.

snikrep

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 04:39:17 PM »

Everybody got the explanation on Saturday - we're talking about the original email, it appears nobody after 'L' or so got *that* email (the one sent out in mistake).

jeb240

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 11:19:29 PM »
Movement on LSN.  2 new rejections popped up today, one of which seems suspect:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=olege

that one i posted asking how he heard -- hopefully he'll respond soon.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pleaseacceptme24

this one says he called today and they told him over the phone and said that it had been mailed weeks ago?  both of those seem unlikely to me, but i'd like to believe that maybe berkeley is finally FINALLY starting to let us know something...

snikrep

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
I wonder if they have sent out a bunch of rejections, but they forgot about the postal increase or something like that?

lol, after the email fiasco I somehow wouldn't be surprised

lww02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 12:17:44 AM »

Everybody got the explanation on Saturday - we're talking about the original email, it appears nobody after 'L' or so got *that* email (the one sent out in mistake).

Last name starts with W.  Didnt get the original or the apology.  Definitely still haven't gotten an acceptence either.  as for calling, im too afraid they would reject me just for doing that...

jason240 - let me know if that person responds to you!  (i love that every time i'm about to comment on one of these suspect boalt rejections, you're one step ahead of me.
LSN lww02

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 05:51:09 PM »
The decisions are flying in on LSN....all through calls to the admissions office.   I am hesitant to do that as it seems like they are getting non-stop calls.   But, it seems like if you call, u can find out (they seem to be hesitant to do rejections over the phone, but will if you push hard enough).

They also said that a bunch of decisions just came in, so letters will be going out asap.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

nesta

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 10:31:21 PM »

I can vouch for the above. I called this afternoon just because I was tired of waiting. Woman in admisssions office was super friendly, and helpful - not at all surprised I was calling to inquire.
Gave her my name / ssn, she said a decision had been made and would be sent out next week. Her reluctance to tell me was what I call "foreshadowing", I pressed, and she said if I really wanted to know they were "unfortunately not able to offer me admission."

All in all, I'd rather have the bad news sooner. Also, I can't help but wonder how long they've been sitting on this decision and why they can't be more on the ball with sending out rejections. I think they could have ameliorated the general tenor of anxiety and frustration with Boalt a lot of y'all seem to be experiencing.

gogiants

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
just called today to get my ding...  completely expected, oh well.