Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am so glad I don't have to talk with the people who read my app...  (Read 371 times)

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I was just reading my Personal Statement and my "Why Chicago" and "Why Michigan" applications...and man I don't know about them.  They were well written, IMO, just like my personal statement...but I would never want to try and defend them in front of a committee or watch as some uber-law-admit-com analyzes me and my motivations...

I guess thats just insecurity, but I am really glad I don't have to ever talk to the person who reviewed my application. 

MalReyn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I am so glad I don't have to talk with the people who read my app...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 01:11:19 AM »
It's funny... I started writing a "Why Michigan" essay for my application. And in the end I had to crumble it up and toss it out. I'd love to get into Michigan. But the only honest reason I had was "it's a damn good school." While I thought my essay was passable, I just knew if I was reading my application on an adcomm, I'd think I was full of crap.

Ended up just writing two other optional essays. I'm afraid now that my reluctance to write the "Why Michigan" one will be the thing that gets me rejected, despite the fact my numbers are good for UMich. In retrospect, I probably should've just sent in the "Why Michigan" essay even without being entirely satisfied with it.

Oh well.