Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PS Procrastinators Unite!!!  (Read 3123 times)

Bman

Re: PS Procrastinators Unite!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 10:13:04 PM »
Yeah, I actually wonder if people who have written the PS (or people that haven't) could tell me if my thinking is wrong here. Once you actually think of a topic (easier said than done, I know), it can't possibly take that long to right, correct? I mean, even if you meticulously sculpt every word this is still, when all is said and done, a very short essay. Spend a couple of days writing it, circulate it to a few people to edit and scrutinize and then that's about it. how can it possibly be that much more involved than this?

NeverForever

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 10:54:41 PM »
Just wrote my first draft... and it needs a lot of work. I like my topic though and I think I can pull it together.

Yeah, I actually wonder if people who have written the PS (or people that haven't) could tell me if my thinking is wrong here. Once you actually think of a topic (easier said than done, I know), it can't possibly take that long to right, correct? I mean, even if you meticulously sculpt every word this is still, when all is said and done, a very short essay. Spend a couple of days writing it, circulate it to a few people to edit and scrutinize and then that's about it. how can it possibly be that much more involved than this?

I was really surprised how quickly I churned out my first draft. 900 words is really not alot and when you have a decent topic those words come quickly. I think the time is spent crafting the words and sentences and if you have decent writing skills and some good editors I can't imagine that it will take that much time to put together... unless you're a perfectionist which I think alot of us here are.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2004, 11:03:16 PM »
In the spirit of what another poster said, I think if LSD didn't exist, I might have written it.  I'd have several extra hours in my day.  But I wouldn't give up the entertainment and education this board provides :)  Plus, I'm always a procrastinator, so maybe I wouldn't have written it yet...
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

NYKnicks

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2004, 11:05:47 PM »
which leads me to wonder, what are all the law school applicants who aren't on this board or any other board doing with their extra time...hrm...

dta

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »

You're right Bman. It's really not that difficult to get it done. Kinda weird that so many educated people with bachelors degrees in which there is, presumably, a significant writing component would find a 2 page essay so difficult to get done. Yes, it's a bit difficult, but not worthy of the lamentations one often hears on this board.

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2004, 05:20:48 AM »
I think that it's because this two page essay is more important than any single paper that we did in high school.  I know that I am doing more research for this than I did for 15 page research papers.

You're right Bman. It's really not that difficult to get it done. Kinda weird that so many educated people with bachelors degrees in which there is, presumably, a significant writing component would find a 2 page essay so difficult to get done. Yes, it's a bit difficult, but not worthy of the lamentations one often hears on this board.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2004, 09:30:52 AM »
I have not started mine yet either, but I have been drafting my addendum and I did ask people to write my letters of reccomendation. I am not intimidated about writing it. I do not think it is going to be that big of a deal, I have been spending my time making sure all the other little elements get done! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2004, 10:48:46 AM »
I don't think it'll take that long to write, but I definitely want to get it done.  I have an outline done, and a rough first paragraph (I had to draft it on paper, as I had yet to get a copy of MS Office for my new computer.  Which is why I only did 1 paragraph).  I want to get the first draft done this week so I can play with it a bit and have time to scrap it and start anew if I don't like it.  I want to be completely done with my PS by mid to late August so I can start filling out actual applications when LSDAS on the Web comes out.

But seeing how I had originally wanted to start my PS a week or so after I took the lsat in June, I've definitely been dragging my feet on it.  Here's to hoping for productivity this week!

pepem

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 10:36:28 AM »
I promise to start mine this weekend . . .That's been my mantra for the whole summer