Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In At Chicago  (Read 5663 times)

YoungTurk

• View Profile
Re: In At Chicago
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 07:58:56 AM »
Also received the $33k over 3 years.

bloomich

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »
Pancho - you're crazy.. but congrats on chi-town $$!!

IntoVA!! - the PI fellowship, as i understand it, includes ~13k over 2L summer if i take a public interest job for the summer... and $10k per year for up to 5 years after graduation if I take a public interest job that pays under $50k

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »
Anyone know if Chicago does need-based grants?  I am clueless when it comes to financial aid.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 01:13:56 PM »
Anyone know if Chicago does need-based grants?  I am clueless when it comes to financial aid.

I think it depends on whether you indicated that you wanted consideration for need-based grants on your app. From a Chicago email:

"Now that you are admitted, you will be receiving your financial aid letter in the next month.  If you requested consideration for need-based scholarships, we will not send your letter until we have received your Need Access Report, found at www.needaccess.org.  If you did not request consideration for need-based scholarships, we will be sending your letter in the next 2-3 weeks.  If you are unsure whether you requested need aid, you can email Director Machen at the email below for clarification, and he will let you know your status."

I think the stuff people are posting right now is merit...
(Congrats to you guys by the way!  :) )
U Chi '09

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »
Weird.  The language in my letter seems to ignore the possibility of need-based grants.  I suppose we will see.

bloomich

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »
Pancho - you're crazy.. but congrats on chi-town $$!!

IntoVA!! - the PI fellowship, as i understand it, includes ~13k over 2L summer if i take a public interest job for the summer... and $10k per year for up to 5 years after graduation if I take a public interest job that pays under #50k

Crazy like a fox.  I just picked up my Columbia acceptance letter ;D.  Yours has gotta be there now!

that's wonderful, pancho! congrats!!

person

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 04:02:17 PM »
it's been like two weeks since chicago has admitted anybody...the wait is killing me...last year they got to people with my complete date on 2/8
Stanford Class of 2009

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 04:09:17 PM »
forreal. they should start, um, letting us know what's going on.  they've certainly had my app long enough

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »
Them and Duke. I've been complete over 8 weeks at both. It'd be nice to say I heard from everyone.

snikrep

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2006, 04:18:46 PM »
It seems like they've been making the calls on Thursdays every 2 weeks, which if they keep up the pattern means *tomorrow* will be a bunch of admittances.

We'll see, cross your fingers people!! :P