Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS call & still waiting?  (Read 1012 times)

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
HLS call & still waiting?
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:48:29 AM »
Are there any folks who had the phone call in early Jan and are still waiting to hear back?  That's that situation I am in.  On LSN there are people that had their phone call after me but have all ready heard - they all got in.  I am assuming that since I haven't gotten anything that I will probably be deferred because to date I don't think anyone who had the call was rejected.  At what point does HLS stop sending out deferrals?   

anon123

• View Profile
Re: HLS call & still waiting?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »
My girlfriend had the call in mid-December and still hasn't heard anything.

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »
My girlfriend had the call in mid-December and still hasn't heard anything.

Thanks for the info and good luck to your girl. I would think that since the application deadline at HLS was Feb 1st that they would stop sending out deferrals.  There would be no reason to defer people any more since they have all the apps they are going to get in.  Hopefully a next wave of decisions will come in the next week or so. 

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
I had the call right before Christmas and have not heard anything.  A lot of people from my complete date have already heard with rejections/deferrals/etc. So I am quite confused.

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »
I had the call right before Christmas and have not heard anything.  A lot of people from my complete date have already heard with rejections/deferrals/etc. So I am quite confused.

It's has been confusing.  I guess it is good that atleast we are still in the game. Hopefully  HLS tells me something before March. 

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 11:28:20 AM »

It's has been confusing.  I guess it is good that atleast we are still in the game. Hopefully  HLS tells me something before March. 

Oh goodness, I hope we hear before then!  I am trying to figure out which schools to visit since I have limited time I can take from work.  I don't want to hold out hope for Harvard and miss visiting some other places as a result.

Fenstrex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »
Same here.

I also agree that since the deadline has passed, Harvard has a pretty good idea of their applicant pool. I think once they have an estimate of the number of auto-admit acceptances they'll be offering, they can determine how many others they can admit. Hopefully we'd be on the top of that list :-)

Considering Mr. Stock makes admissions offer phone calls on Thursdays, is anyone else super excited/ nervous for this afternoon to come around?

anon123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 11:30:46 AM »
My girlfriend was in the 12/16 complete, so there could be a deferral coming very soon. Although you're right that it's unclear why they would continue the mass deferrals now that the 2/1 deadline has passed.

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
I didn't realize that HLS only does calls on Thursdays.  I will be staring at my phone all day today. I am in the same boat when it comes to taking time off.  I don't really plan on going to any official campus visits.  I would much rather just go and check it out during a regular week. 

anon123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 11:41:03 AM »
The calls have often been on Thursdays, but by no means exclusively.