Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia DING!  (Read 8678 times)

Goodfella Aaron

Re: Columbia DING!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »
They dinged a goodfella and now a Goodgal?  Conspiracy?

No seriously, sorry to hear it and hang in there, you deserve better.

Robespierre: don't be surprised if you see Columbia hung on a meathook in the back of a refridgeration truck. JSIA.

In all seriousness, the person most unhappy with my CLS rejection was my mother. She saw it as my best chance to meet a nice Jewish girl. Regardless of what happens the rest of the cycle I'm going to end up somewhere good. Still, my record is 5-2-1 right now and I need one more admit to become bowl-eligible.

Robespierre

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »
LOL Aaron, let's bust the place out.  Bring law books in the front door, sell 'em out the back for cents on the dollar.  Make Paulie Cicero a partner, they'll never know what hit 'em.

Gal: Did you go to the GULC admitted students weekend?  People are RAVING about it; I'm gonna go to the next one before settling on Penn.
Penn Law Class of '09

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 03:16:33 PM »
LOL Aaron, let's bust the place out.  Bring law books in the front door, sell 'em out the back for cents on the dollar.  Make Paulie Cicero a partner, they'll never know what hit 'em.

Gal: Did you go to the GULC admitted students weekend?  People are RAVING about it; I'm gonna go to the next one before settling on Penn.

I didn't, although I think I'm going to try and make the next one in March (I think it's the weekend after Penn's).  I guess I haven't completely written off GULC yet, but I just sort of have a "feeling" about Penn, and that is a pretty strong factor.  Also, I'm from DC (my whole family still lives there), so I sort of feel like going to GULC would be like giving in to the gravitational pull of family.  Not that I wouldnt love to settle down in the DC area eventually...but I just don't think I'm ready yet.  That probably sounds insane, but we all have our weird reasons for choosing schools  ;D

Oh and Aaron, your mother should know that there are plenty of Jewish girls to be found at Penn, too!

Oh, she knows, she's actually a Wharton grad, but New York City is the mothership and all. And Robespierre, it's gonna be too bad when we have to burn it down for the insurance.

dococ23

• Sr. Citizen
  • Spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 06:02:12 PM »
rejected over the weekend. eek

viridianx

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - viridianx
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
rejected today. it wasn't a surprise, but it still hurt.

you broke my heart columbia.
Attending: UPENN!!!

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »
Rejected via snail mail on Saturday, I think. (I took a break from frantically checking the mail over the weekend.)

FenwaySteve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 12:10:46 AM »
got mine today.
165/3.34 (3.68 after first year's 2.7)

GW it is!

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
Ding!
GULC '09

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »
Ding!

I like your chances at NYU, though, Harvey--they seem to like a good story, which you have, not to mention a great LSAT. I'm honestly surprised that you don't have more acceptances already, given your GPA comeback. I thought adcomms really liked that kind of thing--you know, screw off for a year, go out into the world, come back to college and "get serious." Particularly if you did something interesting in between. My biggest problem is that I have the opposite grade trend: 3.9 after first year (at Ivy), got sick, struggled with health problems for the rest of college and wound up with a 3.4 from my degree-granting institution (a different Ivy). And with a stint in art school between..so my application is like a big WTF??

I haven't heard from Columbia (or NYU or Chicago, Harvard or Penn), but I've pretty much written them off. I get the distinct feeling they don't like my kind, and they must know how much their undergrad grade-inflates, so I don't think it will help that I went there!  :D

I'd really prefer NYU to Columbia, though--and I know that isn't the norm, but I like their vibe alot better, and I'm also interested in PI law, and NYU's LRAP is sweeeet.
Michigan Law Class of 2009

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 09:56:30 PM »
just curious, what ivy did u originally go to and where did u transfer to?
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year