Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I call??  (Read 384 times)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Should I call??
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:00:56 PM »
I sent in Georgetown application materials during the first week of November.  They must have had a lot of time on their hands b/c a few weeks later they e-mailed me that they hadnt recieved my PS and resume.  I finally sent in all remaining materials, including a follow-up LSAC report, in mid-December and my on-line status has not changed. I sent two e-mail inquiries this week and last week and still no response.  Should I call them or just continue to wait it out?  I starting to wonder if they actually recieved my materials or not.   ???

Ocean Blue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I call??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »
If I were in your shoes, I would call -- but be careful not to be accusatory (as in, I've already sent 3 e-mails, WTF???).  Don't know if this is the 'right' advice, but it's what I would do.

I sent in Georgetown application materials during the first week of November.  They must have had a lot of time on their hands b/c a few weeks later they e-mailed me that they hadnt recieved my PS and resume.  I finally sent in all remaining materials, including a follow-up LSAC report, in mid-December and my on-line status has not changed. I sent two e-mail inquiries this week and last week and still no response.  Should I call them or just continue to wait it out?  I starting to wonder if they actually recieved my materials or not.   ???
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ocnblu6

168/3.62
Accepted: Michigan, UT-Austin($$$), USC, NotreDame($$$) W&L($$$), Boston U, UCLA
Pending: UVA, LLS, Duke, Penn
Rejected: Boalt, Chicago
Waitlisted: Georgetown

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:31:48 PM »
I would call too.  My app went complete online about two weeks after they received my stuff.  Of course, that was back in October when they were probably quicker with things, but still... Looking at LSN, it looks like a lot of people have applied after you and gone complete already in about 2-3 weeks. 

oscarsonthepond

• mmm....bOOYA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:35:48 PM »
I would definitely call...there's a difference between calling cause you're annoying and impatient and calling because it's been months and you don't even know if they got your stuff.

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:08:45 AM »
Thanks for the advice everyone.  Definately calling today.

-MJ