Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Talk w/ BU admissions officer  (Read 449 times)

BoBo16

• View Profile
Talk w/ BU admissions officer
« on: January 31, 2006, 04:28:33 PM »
I received  a weird scholarship application for Rhode Island Students. The envelope was from BU Law school, but the application inside was from a RI foundation. I called the BU admissions office and they told me the form had nothing to do with the admissions decision they made.. but they also told me that a decision had been made and I should hear probably this week.
I haven't heard about rejections from BU from other people, but I know that its a HUGE reach for me. I have a 158, 3.65 from Bowdoin. (non-minority).

Is there any hope?  Or will this be the start of the rejections from them?

Afro

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Talk w/ BU admissions officer
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
I was accepted but never recieved one of those

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »
if you get a letter, without a call first, doesnt that mean you've been rejected?

i'm also waiting anxiously for BU.
University of Virginia '09

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:52:06 PM »
I received  a weird scholarship application for Rhode Island Students. The envelope was from BU Law school, but the application inside was from a RI foundation. I called the BU admissions office and they told me the form had nothing to do with the admissions decision they made.. but they also told me that a decision had been made and I should hear probably this week.
I haven't heard about rejections from BU from other people, but I know that its a HUGE reach for me. I have a 158, 3.65 from Bowdoin. (non-minority).

Is there any hope?  Or will this be the start of the rejections from them?

I also got this letter. It's sitting in my "Law school box" while I decide if I'll apply. The letter is an application for a $10,000 scholarship from the Rhode Island Bar Association. The nice thing is, you can take the $$ to any school... hence, non-BU-specific.

oh yeah. It's only open to Rhode Island residents so I'm guessing you and I are residents of the Ocean state.  :)
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »
I think it's based on residency...i know of some schools that directly link to the rhode island scholarship in addition to the aba minority scholarship on their webpages. while other schools reference them as sources for financial aid.

penn sent a generic fafsa reminder a few days before droppin rejections and acceptances on people.

don't read into it as a good sign or a bad sign.