Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham rejection  (Read 1666 times)

RJR

Fordham rejection
« on: January 31, 2006, 02:58:40 PM »
Got my rejection letter from Fordham in the mail yesterday.  With a 3.18/162, it was to be expected, I guess. 

I was actually more excited to get a decision, even if it wasn't favorable.    ;)

tepidarium

• View Profile
Re: Fordham rejection
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:35:17 PM »
I also got the bad news via the status checked.  On LSN, people with my admission index were being deferred so I held out some hope but it was quashed!

Lilacs04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham rejection
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
Tep, I almost think the straight rejection is better than a deferral since at least you KNOW where you stand with the school. Right now, I think it is highly unlikely that Fordham will offer me FT and I'm not even sure what I'd do if presented with a PT offer, so this deferral ain't helping me one bit. I would just like to know for certain what they think of my app. They're trying to get the cream of the crop of the people who REALLY want to go there -- it's a risky strategy because some people might lose interest after having been deferred and choose another school regardless of what their preference originally was (e.g., my choosing Cardozo, SuzieQ likely choosing BC/BU/GW, etc.). I think they are underestimating the impact a deferral has on our egos.  :D