Is anybody curious??

Apples and Oranges

• My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is anybody curious??
« on: January 30, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »
Today I got and email from Indiana-Bloomington saying my file was complete and in committee and I should be getting a decision within 2-3 weeks.

It feels really surreal to know that at some point in the coming days, members of an Admissions committee will be sitting down, reading my application and discussing my academic/personal "accomplishments."

Maybe it's morbid curiousity, but I would really like to know what they say when they read my app.  Anybody else? What do you think they say?

Re: Is anybody curious??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »
This makes me curious as well.... wonder what'll be said about me when the time comes? Just hope your not "psycho girl" and the world will be good.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
yeah it kinds of creeps me out, thinking of the adcoms huddled around a cherry wood conference table in a dark room smoking cigars while staring at all my (probable) misspellings, and flaws in my application.  I'm sooo tempted to re-read over my applications and personal statement, but I know it'd just make me even nuttier.

snikrep

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 07:23:41 PM »
I would pay some serious cash to get a tape recording of the admissions committee discussing me.

They need an American Idol "Law" edition - which is effectively what most of the top places are right now, a bunch of pathetic losers who you're like, "Why did you even come and audition!?!" - a couple halfway decent people, and those stellar candidates where it's just like, "Holy crap, are you sure you don't just want to skip the competition and sell your brain to the highest bidder on an hourly basis right now?".

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 08:38:18 PM »
Maybe it's morbid curiousity, but I would really like to know what they say when they read my app.  Anybody else? What do you think they say?

I think there's a chapter (or at least, part of one) in "Law School Confidential" that covers this. 

Typhoon Longwang

• I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 09:33:20 PM »
If it's anything like my experience on grant review committees, there's nothing interesting about it.  You look for major holes and reasons to deny an application.  They all begin to blur together after you review the first couple applications and you become very sick of reading the same things over and over and over; you long for the bottom of the pile.  In places where the committee actually discusses your file it is probably limited to yes, no, or maybe unless there's something amazing or terrible about your application.