Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Options to Law School  (Read 1653 times)

Ericka

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Options to Law School
« on: April 01, 2002, 12:50:28 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for grad school options instead of a law degree?  I am a paralegal, and would like to get a degree that focuses on law, but I am not sure I want to go to law school.  Any ideas on other types of degrees.  I am in the intellectual property and entertainment field right now.

Thanks,
Ericka

danielle b

hey im in Re: Options to Law School
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 05:27:17 AM »
hey >:hey im in high school a freshman and are extremely intrested with th idea of working at a law firm but im not sure if that would work, can a 16 year old person can get a job with anything to do with law?
(
Does anyone have any suggestions for grad school options instead of a law degree?  I am a paralegal, and would like to get a degree that focuses on law, but I am not sure I want to go to law school.  Any ideas on other types of degrees.  I am in the intellectual property and entertainment field right now.

Thanks,
Ericka

Christine

Re: Options to Law School
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 12:23:09 PM »
I worked at a law firm as my first job (age 16) and found it to be a very rewarding experience.  True, you're going to end up doing a lot of tedious work, but it's worth it because you get exposed to so much.  I got the job by calling several different law firms and offering myself for the summer as a volunteer.  I went to a couple of interviews, and one firm actually offered to pay me, so of course I took that job.