Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Columbia  (Read 13926 times)

defeatist

• Sr. Citizen
  • trust, but verify
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Waitlisted at Columbia
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 08:57:32 PM »
On a side note, didn't realize there were so many Chicagoans on the thread. What's up with this cold weather? It's the middle of June, for christssake!

Yikes!  Hasn't anyone explained to you what a bad idea it is to complain about the weather in Chicago?  Complaining only makes it worse! Also, come August, you'll be dying for weather like this again.

Attention weather gods (cc: Mayor Daley): This weather is AWESOME, I only want more of it.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 09:07:01 PM »
Attention weather gods (cc: Mayor Daley): This weather is AWESOME, I only want more of it.

Defeatist, you crack my *&^% up.  For the record, I'm pulling for waitlist greatness for you.

Not that anyone actually listens to me.  Just so we're clear.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Fenstrex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 11:21:19 PM »
On a side note, didn't realize there were so many Chicagoans on the thread. What's up with this cold weather? It's the middle of June, for christssake!

Yikes!  Hasn't anyone explained to you what a bad idea it is to complain about the weather in Chicago?  Complaining only makes it worse! Also, come August, you'll be dying for weather like this again.

I was born and raised here, so I know better  than to complain  ;) I'm just incredulous at having to turn the heat back on. You're totally right, though... better this than 100+ heat indexes!

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »
I am coming down with a cold in mid-June.  This is absurd.  On the bright side, it's supposed to get up to 91 on Saturday.  On an even brighter side, I won't have another Chicago winter for at least 3 years, so I can complain with impunity.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »
It's been known to snow in Chicago in June. This is pretty bad, though. I was freezing in my apartment last night.

As true Chicago-lovers say, of course the weather is bad in Chicago. If it wasn't, 20 million people would live here!
Columbia 2L.

Robespierre

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
I just got the second Reserve letter too.  Staying on for the heck of it.
Penn Law Class of '09

goldilox74

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »
dinged. oh well! good luck to everyone else.

SFnative

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »
I emailed Columbia today and they told me that a letter was put in the mail for me today. I am hoping for a second waitlist...please let it be a second waitlist? :)

DiscoStu

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2006, 10:59:59 PM »
Waitlists are so tricky to figure out.  Just got, the second reserve letter.  The first one said that all WL would be reviewed at the beginning of June, which kind of seems inaccurate from some stuff on LSN.  The four people to get in off the WL were all notified mid-late May.  Only dings were given in June. 

It's also tough to gauge many of the factors.  On one hand, there are still 146 listed LSNers on the WL who have not withdrawn.  The majority of them seem to be between 4.3 and 4.0 on their scale.  But at least some of them probably are no longer willing to switch schools but just didn't list that on LSN.  As, time goes on and housing contracts are found, I have to imagine this number would increase considerably.  I wonder how quickly they start going through people on the WL once it gets to the final week before class begins.

starlyt

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »
Re-waitlist letter received today, postmarked 6/13... staying on!