Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at GA State  (Read 2369 times)

GTGal

• View Profile
In at GA State
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »
Woo hoo! I get to start one of these finally...found out by mail today =)

cyberrev

Re: In at GA State
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:03:24 PM »
Woo hoo! I get to start one of these finally...found out by mail today =)

when did you go complete?  i've been waiting on gs forever

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:38:40 AM »
They are annoying me.  There are people on LSN who applied after me, went complete after me, and have lower index numbers than me who have already been accepted.  What's up with that? 
Emory '09

LSN

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »
Oh, did they ever update your status in their online status-checker doohicky?  I'm just wondering if there's any point in continuing to check it, if the first I'm going to hear is via snail mail...
Emory '09

LSN

cyberrev

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 08:02:25 AM »
Oh, did they ever update your status in their online status-checker doohicky?  I'm just wondering if there's any point in continuing to check it, if the first I'm going to hear is via snail mail...

they finally updated mine on 1-26, a month after my lsdas report was mailed to them.  i'm not sure it's worth checking

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »
Yeah, the dates on it are totally off.  I know LSDAS sent all my stuff to them in November, but according to their checker-thingy, they got half of it on 12/7 and half of it on 12/14 - even though it was all sent at the same time.
Emory '09

LSN

AtlantaSteve

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SPerkinsManheim
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »
I'm in the same boat with all these issue regarding Ga. State.  I sent the app in October, they finally requested my LSDAS in mid-November, didn't mark it as complete on their website until mid-December, and here it is February and I'm still biting my nails.  I wish I could say that everyone who's been accepted so far has an index number below mine, though... :)

The most frustrating thing is that, between LSD and LSN, it seems none of the accepted were even aware that there was a status-checker website.  As soon as the first acceptances started going out, they got swamped with questions about whether or not their acceptance showed up on the website before the postal letter arrived (since that website seems to be a month behind on all the other steps). 

Still no way or knowing whether or not I'm wasting my time checking that thing every morning.  Ga. State is my first-choice school, and my super-splitter wacky stats mean I don't truly know what my chances are, so this whole thing is really wearing me down.

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 09:09:41 AM »
The online status does work, mine got updated yesterday.  A call to the admissions office revealed that my letter is being mailed today.  Unfortunately, Deferred and Waitlist are also decisions, so I will have to see.....
In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU

cyberrev

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 09:11:13 AM »
The online status does work, mine got updated yesterday.  A call to the admissions office revealed that my letter is being mailed today.  Unfortunately, Deferred and Waitlist are also decisions, so I will have to see.....

when did you go complete?

GTGal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »
The status checker updated one week prior to my receiving my acceptance letter via snail mail.  It said "Decision Made"