Law School Discussion

This is tough

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
This is tough
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »
I postponed the Oct. exam till Feb. Studied for about a month and a half (in addition to the 2 months i studied during the summer), doing a timed test aboue every 3 days. Was drifting around the 155-159 range for a while, but recently jumped up into the 160's (161, 155, 160, 164, 164, in that order, the last three tests being Dec. 03, June 04, and June 05, in order). I have a 3.67 at binghamton, some nice extracurriculars and internships, and will be applying next cycle (i want to be a shoe in at brooklyn and cardoza, and have a good shot at fordham).

That sudden jump gave me a huge confidence boost, but makes me think I can do even better (that jump also occurred mithin the last two weeks, so I dont feel that comfortable in the range yet). I know I need a 164+ to have a shot at Fordham, but Im not sure that postponing it till june and studying more will have a huge impact on my score. I am also worried that if I postpone, Ill burn through all my materials, or just burn out. It will also be more of an inconveniece to take it in June, as Ill be in the midst of major changes (relocating and finding a job), I'll have to drive about an hour to the test site, conduct business with my registrar and pre law advisor by phone, etc. Still, if I could bring my score up to the high 160's that could be a huge deal as far as acceptance letters are concerned.

Let me know what ud do. ???

Finished

• Murk the system... or not
    • View Profile
Re: This is tough
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply Vera. My tutor suggested I do the same thing. The problem is, it is really tough for me to gauge how well a test is going. I usually finish each section with a min to spare (except the games), and am so frantic that I hardly have time to consider how tough it is. The LSAT is ALWAYS tough for me. The last two 164's i got definetely didnt feel like 164's. I guess if I took the test and couldnt answer any of the games that would be my cue to cancel, but judging by dec 03- june 05 exams, that shouldnt be the case (i get through three)

Re: This is tough
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »
just go in there and pwn the lsat.  i'm just going in there for fun on saturday, i have faith that i will do  as well as i want hope.  (or at least as well as im going to do) 

you just have to go in there with the mindset of a warrior.  just slay this stupid beast, you'll probably peak soon.  i did two months this summer in a commercial prep course and then haven't studied since october.  you know what you know.  just do your best, you'll get into a good nyc school.  (but not carodoza, maybe cardozo)   ;)