:P

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Name a thread you hate. Explain.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 06:27:38 PM »
Name a thread you hate. 

We should accept that certain people want to type certain things and that's ok.  We aren't forced to click on them or interact with those threads at all.  If one of us has hate...

We All Have Hate.

The problem is that the board gets inundated with bad threads.  Just as we have the choice not to click on threads, we also have the choice to hate threads in which we've posted. 

And this, I'd say, is the problem, since most of us don't care as long as a thread doesn't pop up in our unreads.

When a thread consists of more than 80% "you're awesome, no, you're bubbly wubbly, no YOU are, no YOU are," it's just plain f-ing annoying.  I didn't say people can't do it.  I just said I hate it.

Oh, wait, I did say people can't do it.  But that's in my own thread, the OPC.

Of course.  But people have to deal with minor annoyances all the time, which, I would say, a line in your unreads would be, considering the internet age's ability to filter.  Skimming past a thread does not indicate interaction.  If I, for example, let every minor annoyance I encounter become something I actually pay attention to I would have already pulled out all of my hair today. 

You do realize the irony of your posts in a thread (started by someone thoroughly entitled to do so) entitled "Name a thread you hate", right?

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »

You do realize the irony of your posts in a thread (started by someone thoroughly entitled to do so) entitled "Name a thread you hate", right?

Of course.

Then we're both on the same team.   ;D

cyberrev

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
i have hate for arhodg's birth control thread.  not against the topic, but because i made the mistake of posting in it, therefore it will remain in my undreads forever and ever, amen

cyberrev

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
i have hate for arhodg's birth control thread.  not against the topic, but because i made the mistake of posting in it, therefore it will remain in my undreads forever and ever, amen

Just delete your post in the thread - problem solved!

i would, but it's funny  ;D

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »
Bluewarrior's thread. Although, it is entertaining.

Also, the complete thread over on the on-topic side. I never check it anymore, but it still keeps popping up, every day.

By the way, I know this is really no0b of me (sorry Tra, sorry), but what the heck is GAK?

PM if you don't want to give it away to the lurkers--I know we want to preserve our dork--*cough, cough*--I mean, coolness.

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »
it's ok curly, i don't know gak either.

pm me if you get the answer. ;)

jg983

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:19 PM »
All of the which LSDer would you sleep with/hug/marry/flirt with/think dirty thoughts about threads. They're very high-school exclusionary and self-serving.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 10:35:11 PM »
Bluewarrior's thread. Although, it is entertaining.

Also, the complete thread over on the on-topic side. I never check it anymore, but it still keeps popping up, every day.

By the way, I know this is really no0b of me (sorry Tra, sorry), but what the heck is GAK?

PM if you don't want to give it away to the lurkers--I know we want to preserve our dork--*cough, cough*--I mean, coolness.

it is not my thread...ha ha...it is buster/julie fern's thread...

jg983

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
Yes. Oh, I hate myself for participating, but I really (try to) do it out of appreciation for posters who I respect and admire. I'd never start one of those threads, mostly because I would feel really awkward about picking who gets to be involved.