Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGA merit money  (Read 2804 times)

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
UGA merit money
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:15:37 PM »
has anyone heard yet and if so, did it come seperately or with other materials? any help would be great.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

General Leeferd

• View Profile
    • GeneralLeeferd on LSN
    • Email
Re: UGA merit money
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:37:40 PM »
I'm a 1L at UGA so I may be able to help you out. Are you a Georgia resident? If not you likely qualify for a tuition waiver. Basically, they pay your out of state tuition for the first year and you can become a GA resident for the last two years. In-state tuition is really cheap so it's a pretty good deal. I'm a non-resident and got the waiver. I just called and asked for it and they gave it to me. Most of the people I know that got it had called and asked for it. The out of staters that didn't get it, hadn't called. Since they have a limited number they give out, I would recommend asking for it. They may have changed their policy for this year but I'd say it's worth a shot to call. Ask for Greg Rosboro. He'll probably ask what your LSAT score was but as long as it's around UGA's median it should be fine. The only catch is you have to agree to go here. So you'll have to pay your first deposit (only $50 I think) before he'll give you the scholarship. I think that's the only scholarship they give to non-residents. If you're a GA resident I don't really have much info but I can try to find out from some of my friends.

Let me know if you have any questions about this or anything else.

1L @ UGA

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:40:27 PM »
I still haven't heard anything... i've e-mailed the office twice about that along with various other questions and nobody has even responded to my e-mails.

ChrisDMB41

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:01:05 PM »
I don't think UGA is great with the e-mails, try calling the admissions office, they are fairly friendly. I was told of my scholarship when I visited the school recently.  They probably wont tell you over the phone, but if you are in undergrad there or near you could always go try to find out what the deal is.  If not, they said the scholarship award letters are going out very soon, if they haven't already done so.
Accepted: UGA, Alabama, Mercer. Emory, Georgia State
Deferred: Duke

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ChrisDMB41

eli250

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »
I sent an email about the scholarships earlier this week and got no response.  Has anyone out there gotten anything in the mail yet?  They are taking forever.   ??? 

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »
I sent my third e-mail this week and have gotten no response.

eli250

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »
Finally got it today. Letter was dated 2/3/06.  The USPS did an admirable job of getting it to me in Atlanta in only one day.  5k per year!  Looks like I'll be a lawdawg!   ;D

bleedsblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »
Also 5K/yr. My LSN index is a 3.3 if you are curious about my #s.

wdrhoads

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 09:58:46 AM »
received $2k a year for all three years, assuming in don't fail out.  got the letter 2/7.

GTGal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
2k at UGA.  Not a bad deal considering I'm in-state.