Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else waitlisted at Houston?  (Read 2880 times)

wannabe1L

• AOL Instant Messenger - India+Isbell
    • View Profile
    • My and My husband's blog :)
    • Email
Anyone else waitlisted at Houston?
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »
I haven't found a whole lot about the waitlist at UH doing searches (both on this board and the net) but basically, I'm going to do everything I can to get in since I only want to attend UH (see reason below).

I got my waitlist letter on friday in a regular thin white envelope.  Anyone else waitlisted this year? Or waitlisted at UH in years past and have more information or advice? Thanks for any help!

India
Waiting at Houston!
(Thats the only school I applied to, my husband is in Rx school, so we wanted to stay in state, and need both programs)
155/3.76 - Purdue
Paralegal Certificate - Rice

SA ATX

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone else waitlisted at Houston?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »
I just got a letter from UofH, advising that I'm waitlisted...didn't apply until early February, though.

Karleana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:09:34 PM »
HII! I was waitlisted at UHLC too, for their part-time program...did u apply full/part-time. I want to go to UHCL soo bad too! I've called, sent letters, emailed...I am probably that annoying girl! haha. They told me that they are looking at WL applicants this week. Im not sure what to expect tho, a letter/e-mail??? Any thoughts??

wannabe1L

• AOL Instant Messenger - India+Isbell
    • View Profile
    • My and My husband's blog :)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »
Hi Karleana, I was applying for the full time program, so I'm not sure how much help this will be - but I know when I was in your position I wanted any advice I could get! I received a call in late June offering me a position. I wouldn't get too discouraged if you don't hear anything right away - from about March through June they told me there were "looking at WL applicants this week". As long as you're sending letters and staying in contact, that is all you can do. Also, I've met a pretty big handful of people who were accepted after me - so they do accept right up until the last few weeks before class starts.  Best of Luck!
Waiting at Houston!
(Thats the only school I applied to, my husband is in Rx school, so we wanted to stay in state, and need both programs)
155/3.76 - Purdue
Paralegal Certificate - Rice

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:08:49 AM »
At least ya'll know something already...I HAVEN'T heard ANYTHING from UH yet...IM biting my nails over here. My status has said "file in review" for like a month already! I want to know!!
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

Karleana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »
thanks wannabe. I just emailed them again. Being on the waitlist for the part-time prgram is driving me nuts. Orientation is in May, and classes start at the end of May also! My LSat scores are not too high, my GPA is decent...I just don't know what to think. I guess Ill have to play the waiting game...

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »
hey guys..guess i spoke too soon. I just got a letter two days ago...I'm on the Waitlist for the full time program. GRRR..I hate not knowing! Now I am waitlisted at UT and UH...my top two choices! I have been accepted to Tech and STCL..I did not send STCL my deposit..but I do have a spot saved at Tech, just in case i dont get into UT or UH...about how soon do you think they will let me know FOR SURE if I am in or out?
152/3.78

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 02:46:30 AM »
Yea I am waitlisted as well and I am trying to get in off the waitlist. I just sent my deposit in to SMU this past Monday. If I will not find something out from UHLC till late June then I will be losing a good $400 to SMU. Wannabe1L, I was curious what did you do to get off of the waitlist and be admitted, especially that early in the waitlist game.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

lawxtina

• View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 02:51:13 AM »
hey I want to write a letter of continued interest, but I dont know how to start it! Should i do the general "to whom it may concern:" or "Dearest Admissions Committee, " (that one is a little cheesy for my taste) or to "To Whoever holds My Law Future in My hands:" LOL...Any suggestions?
152/3.78

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »
For my letter I am addressign Dean Hammers and the admissions committee since she was the one who sent me my waitlist letter or at least signed it.

Hey Karleana, have you heard anything recently from UH.

I spoke with a lady on the phone yesterday and they basically take your file like it is brand new and review it against the other applicants in the waitlist pool and start filling in spots that way. Thwy should begin the reviews in the next week or so.

I am sending my LOCI no later than the beginning of next week. She saidthey will take mail or email submissions for anything new.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!