Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ACRONYMS on LSD  (Read 15683 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ACRONYMS on LSD
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »
Johnny's bastardization of TITCR.

Also, I still don't know what GTQ means.

And you probably never will.   :D
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2007, 11:42:41 PM »
Johnny's bastardization of TITCR.

Also, I still don't know what GTQ means.

And you probably never will.   :D

If I come to San Francisco, you damn well better tell me what the hell GTQ means. :D

You got yourself a DEAL.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
Oh, J, I think Gengis is coming anyway.

GTQ = Gratuitous Tra Quote/Quotation.

It's named after Tralala, a former LAW SCHOOL DISCUSSION board heavyweight who was one of the first d-dubbers.  Stanley started quoting everything she said so that it wouldn't appear that he had been talking to himself all night.  Now you and I may demur as to whether this is "gratuitous," but there you go.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »
No, originally it was gratuitous.  It basically just annoyed Tra to leave a trace, so Stan would quote her when the fancy struck him.  Then he realized there was utility to his actions.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 11:51:40 PM »
No, originally it was gratuitous.  It basically just annoyed Tra to leave a trace, so Stan would quote her when the fancy struck him.  Then he realized there was utility to his actions.

I suppose this is difficult to imagine from the modern-day perspective of a poster surrounded by d-dubbers.  Fair enough.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2007, 11:54:20 PM »
Yeah.  That was back when it was a little leak, before it cracked the retaining wall and sprung the flood.

(Thanks a LOT for helping out, Stan.   >:()

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »
Tag

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »
Yeah.  That was back when it was a little leak, before it cracked the retaining wall and sprung the flood.

(Thanks a LOT for helping out, Stan.   >:()

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously though, you make it sound like i started it.  i didn't start the d-dub concept, adehmar did.  the people who followed him and became the d-dubbers you know and tolerate today were people who hardly ever interacted with me.

Supergirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2007, 11:10:33 PM »

I treat it as pawned.  (Like the crappy chess piece.  I feel like that's a nice extrapolation.)

I've heard people say it "poned" (rhymes with boned) in real life.  (see nerd-->cool scale discussion)

I've heard people (one dude) say that too.  He is kind of a nerd, but the kind who's really interested in Seattle music ('cause he's from Seattle.)

Resurrecting the old discussion about pwned...

I used to pronounce it in my head as "pawned", like the chess piece, but I have since been informed that the proper pronunciation is "poned." At least, that's the way the kids on South Park pronounce it.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »
here comes another d-dubber.