Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just Go to Yale  (Read 5048 times)

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
Just Go to Yale
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
This is for all of those on the board who have been accepted at Yale. Stop worrying if Columbia or Harvard is going to accept you and go ahead and send you deposit into Yale already. It makes no sense to be so concerned with Columbia, Stanford, Harvard, or if any other school accepts or gives you money.  Yale is the best school in the country and everyone on this board who got in will go so stop the nonsense and send them your money.  If you are smart enough to get into Yale, which takes a genius to do, you are smart enough to not turn it down. 

RocketBot

Re: Just Go to Yale
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »
This is for all of those on the board who have been accepted at Yale. Stop worrying if Columbia or Harvard is going to accept you and go ahead and send you deposit into Yale already. It makes no sense to be so concerned with Columbia, Stanford, Harvard, or if any other school accepts or gives you money.  Yale is the best school in the country and everyone on this board who got in will go so stop the nonsense and send them your money.  If you are smart enough to get into Yale, which takes a genius to do, you are smart enough to not turn it down. 

Hah, there are plenty of reasons not to go to Yale.  For instance, if you want to:
-Have a wider selection of classes (Harvard, Columbia)
-Live in a fun place (Stanford, Columbia)
-Work on the west coast (Stanford)
-Go to law school for free (Columbia Hamilton)
-Make your mom's friends jealous (Harvard)

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:53:31 PM »
this has to be the dumbest thread I have ever seen

not that i applied to yale (they would have laughed at my app and threw it in the garbage) or any other school in the top ten for that matter, I would hands down choose harvard, or columbia over yale even though yale is "the best" this is because I would much rather live in either boston or NYC, even though yale might be a better school

as opposed to popular belief, i still think there are some people who chose a school more on just their ranking (esp if its between yale and harvard)
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

deemuu

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
Sounds like someone wants those admitted to Yale to withdraw elsewhere so he/she has a better shot at those other schools.  :)

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »
What is stupid is people acting like they aren't going to go to Yale.  If you got into Yale, congrats, but stop acting like you are going to choose a lesser school over it.  It's just annoying.

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 02:19:53 PM »
Sounds like someone wants those admitted to Yale to withdraw elsewhere so he/she has a better shot at those other schools.  :)

I have already got into a top school and haven't heard back from better schools yet, so I don't even know if their withdrawals would help me.  It is just annoying to hear people worrying about lesser schools after they got into the best one. 

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »
What is stupid is people acting like they aren't going to go to Yale.  If you got into Yale, congrats, but stop acting like you are going to choose a lesser school over it.  It's just annoying.

Except for a lot of people, it's not an act. Just because you think it's an automatic choice, doesn't mean everyone else should feel the same way. I really respect the people on this board who aren't "all about the rankings" and realize that there's a lot more to being successful in law school than the U.S. News & World Report can account for. There are a million other factors that need to be taken into consideration.
Who's your Daddy now?

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »
Yes there are a lot of factors to consider, but when it comes down to it Yale is going to be the choice.  I am not trying to knock you guys at all, but all this consternation over Yale or X school seems unneccessary.  Stop talking yourself out of going to the best school you can.  Go to Yale. 

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »
Yes there are a lot of factors to consider, but when it comes down to it Yale is going to be the choice.  I am not trying to knock you guys at all, but all this consternation over Yale or X school seems unneccessary.  Stop talking yourself out of going to the best school you can.  Go to Yale. 

if it bugs you so much, then ignore it. what you're doing is commonly called "whining". You don't get any say in other people's choices, so you may as well move on with your life.

I just trying to give these folks the truth.  Yale is the best school. You worked hard for 4 years so you could get into it. No that you have don't talk yourself out of it.  Go to Yale.

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »
It should be self evident but some people need an extra push. I hope those that do choose other schools instead of Yale end up happy and maybe they will but it is still a bad choice.