Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: visited Tulane  (Read 699 times)

legalGal

• View Profile
visited Tulane
« on: January 27, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »
Was pretty impressed. Everyone seems pretty happy to be back (at least the students I talked to) despite rumors to the contrary. Liked the school, liked the library, liked the comfortable classrooms. I'm pretty sure this is where I'll end up.

imago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: visited Tulane
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »
Was pretty impressed. Everyone seems pretty happy to be back (at least the students I talked to) despite rumors to the contrary. Liked the school, liked the library, liked the comfortable classrooms. I'm pretty sure this is where I'll end up.

Going down there in about a week to visit then going for Mardi Gras the last weekend of Feb.  Good to hear things are back up and running.  I sure would love to go there.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:31:27 PM »
Besides the law school itself, how was the immediate area?   Is there stuff to do (open?) around there...i.e. bars, restaurants, etc.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

legalGal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:30:18 AM »
Besides the law school itself, how was the immediate area?   Is there stuff to do (open?) around there...i.e. bars, restaurants, etc.

A lot of stuff is open in the area closest to Tulane, and a lot of stuff is open in other cool areas, like Magazine Street. I won't lie--there are some areas that got pretty roughed up, but it seems like those were areas that weren't good or safe areas to be in anyway. By August, I'm sure it will be even better.