Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey ruskiegirl, does Boalt require more than one personal statement/essay?  (Read 1233 times)

buster

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
edit
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 03:40:21 PM »
edit

buster

Yeah, thanks, I'll be disregarding what you said anyway.  ;)

Penn requires two, or at least they did last time 'round. One is a general PS, the other is something like "why do you want to go to Penn?"

Granted, Boalt won't post their new application till September, and they won't let you have their old one, so Ruskiegirl may be the only one of us who's actually SEEN their application, and it may say you have to write more than one, and if so, disregard everything I just said.

mancow555

as I understand it, Boalt requires a general PS (up to 4 pages), and also has an optional "Diversity Statement," for which i assume they want to know why you are diverse enough for them to overlook your low GPA when admitting you.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
edit
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 04:06:21 PM »
edit

buster

Thanks, mancow.

That sounded weird when I said it to myself as I typed it. I think I'll try it again.

Thanks, mancow.

Still weird.

as I understand it, Boalt requires a general PS (up to 4 pages), and also has an optional "Diversity Statement," for which i assume they want to know why you are diverse enough for them to overlook your low GPA when admitting you.

ruskiegirl

They do, in fact require a general personal statement(I believe the cut-off was 3 pages), but my application made no mention of a diversity statement -- which is something I obviously would have taken advantage of.